Sunday, November 23, 2008

True Love: Kiss me!-Ani's version

Over the next few days all I could think about was Matt. He started stopping by and I was done acting like I wasn’t into him. I was, oh my, I was!
He came over to wash his car one of those days, and Jenna and Liz shoed me out the door saying, “He is here to see you!” It was fun!
One night we all went up to the Goat House to watch a movie. I was really excited when Matt and I ended up sitting together on a love seat. I don’t remember the movie because all I could think about Matt. About half way into the movie Matt grabbed my hand and started massaging it. I know my face was bright red. Oh my gosh, is he trying to hold my hand or is he giving me a friendly hand massage? After about 10 minutes the massage slowly turned into Matt holding my hand. I couldn’t believe it. I didn’t want to the movie to end, or to even move, but I had to go to the bathroom so bad! I was scared that if I got up now, it would all be over. I went into the nasty, humid, worse-than-our-house-bathroom. When I came out, I saw down and Matt put his arm around me and held my hand. I couldn’t believe it was happening!
That night he drove me home, and said, “I’ll see you tomorrow.”
The next day we went to Costco in Honolulu together. Jenna and Matt’s roommate went as well. We were having lots of when some girls that were borrowing Matt’s other car called and said they were broken down. They needed him to come to the rescue. I was so jealous! I was sad that the night was cut short. Right as I was going to bed, I got a goodnight call from him. He apologized for having to drop us off early, and said he would see me tomorrow. I was so excited to tell Jenna and Liz that I got a goodnight call. A goodnight call means something. Yes, I was still trying to convince myself that he really did like me. I just couldn’t believe it.
Real World night was at our house. Matt came over, and the only spot to sit was in a chair next to me where I was sitting on the couch. He reached over and held my pinky with his pinky. I was so excited that he was doing that, in front of everyone. It was confirmed now, he was into me, and didn’t care who knew.
We continued hanging out but not kissing! Every night he dropped me off and said “I’ll see you tomorrow”. Every night I was relieved when he said that. When I walked in, the girls were eager to find out if we had kissed! I wasn’t going to make the move!
Everyone was involved at this point, trying to make it happen. Someone suggested we go on a walk. A walk on the beach? At night? Under a full moon? Perfect. I would set it up, but he had to go for it. We walked along the beach, hand in hand, and we talked. And talked and talked. I told him about my family, and my dreams, and future plans. He did the same. Then we were hugging and I could hear his heart beating! It was beating so fast! He is totally going to go for it. I was making it easy. But, after a couple of awkward silent minutes, we started to walk back! Not tonight.

To be continued….

5 comments:

Tim and Jennifer said...

Who has a love story take place in Hawaii? Jealous!

queenieweenie said...

Keep it up! I LOVE this story.

Ash and Christian said...

I'm dying... I hate your "to be continued"s

Chris and Debbie said...

Ohhh, this is so sweet! Matt is such an amazing guy! You guys really are absolutely, without a doubt perfect for each other! What a romantic and wonderful story! I love hearing about your adventures! I must admit, Chris and mine weren't nearly as romantic and fun! I look forward to hearing more!....

Danica Osborn said...

bah! your story is my new "twilight". it's all so sweet and romantic. keep dishing, you've got an eager audience!!!