Thursday, November 20, 2008

True Love: Love at First Sight-Ani's version

Ever since I was 16, my heart belonged to a certain boy. We had big plans for our future together. The certain boy went on a mission and I faithfully wrote him for 20 months. He was due home in October, and I was thinking I need one last adventure. Hawaii sounded relaxing, fun, and certainly I would have a tan to welcome him home with. Application was sent, acceptance was received, plan tickets purchased, and housing arranged. Off I was to Hawaii, to spend 2 and half months laying out with my friends.


My best friends that I went with. Jenna and Liz.

We arrived at midnight to our nasty little "Piranha house". It felt like girls camp, only the realization that I would be there for more than a week quickly set in. Without taking our sandals off our feet for fear of the unknown, we got ready for bed, and got the 411 from our new roommates who had gotten there the day before (that we did not know). We found out that our house, was in fact nasty, even more so in the daylight. We found out the house had rats. We found out that our house was previously occupied by cute boys, and that one of them was still in the process of moving his stuff out. They said this one was "hot". Silly, boy-crazy girls.



We went to bed and I laid awake in my humid room thinking and planning the next day that would start our semester/vacation. I woke with the sun, bight and early. It was a little too early to get ready for school, so I decided to go for a run. White tank, teal running shorts, and my gray New Balance shoes. My no make up rule was starting now.

Since we arrived at night, I was unsure of where the beach actually was. I could hear it and I could smell it. So I started running toward the palm trees. A few wrong turns, a few strange (looks after asking where the beach was), and a few minutes found me running down Temple Beach. I felt free and happy and excited for this new adventure. From Temple Beach to the point of Hukilau Beach and back. I took off my sandfilled shoes, stretched out and walked aross Kam Highway toward my dirty little home.

As I rounded the corner, I saw a white car in the drive way. Must be that boy. He appeared from the house carrying his surfboard, those girls were right when they said he was good looking. He was gorgeous. I got this sudden panicky feeling that he would get in his car and drive away, and I would never see him again. I started to run again, this time barefoot, down the sidewalk, and over the street to catch this surfer boy. I came to a cool walk just as came to the driveway and into his view.
"Hey, I am Ani!"
"Hey, what's up, I'm Matt."
And my life would never be the same again. My heart now belonged to this surfer boy, and would for eternity. I just needed to make him feel the same way!
We made small talk as we walked back inside. My roommates were all up at this point, struttin' around in their beach attire, excited that the cute boy was back in our house. They were on the prowl. I dropped my shoes down, and sand flew everywhere and I remember feeling so embarrassed. Matt laughed and then the girls began to flirt. And flirt. And flirt. I gave up. Whatever. I have a missionary anyways. I am not going to compete with these girls.
My cute roommates

But I went to bed that night thinking about that cute boy with the long shaggy hair, and the cutest dimple I had ever seen...

To be continued.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are so cute! I wish I could have been there for the first encounter. I was busy flirting with a flamer. Remember Michael Suck it! Anyway I love you!

Steph said...

Cute story! I didn't know u met in HI...how romantic :) P.S. love having u in the branch :)

queenieweenie said...

I'm thinkin' the big clincher was actually having someone to kiss BEFORE you got married (I always thought that was a little weird!)

I LOVE "how we met" stories. Keep sharing!

Sandi said...

I love this story! Keep it up girl. You have my attention!

Danica Osborn said...

nooo! you can't end there! keep going!!!

such a great story so far! i love when mutually attractive (or mutually unattractive as the case is sometimes) fall in love.

tell more of the story!

Zach and Katie Hillstead said...

one thing needs to be clarified. I WAS NOT one of the flirty roommates. i loved you and only you! oh, and jake of course. i love these pictures--they crack me and bring back so many freaking memories. ugh, can we go back please?

J & J said...

ok sorry, that comment from katie is actually ME...she was signed into my computer and i didn't know it! love you.

ls said...

all of your hawaii surroundings are so familiar to me. did matt live in the piranna house in 2002 by chance? because we hung out with the cute boys from there while i lived there... just wondering.

loving the story. can't wait for the rest. smart to post it in pieces rather than one exceedingly long post that no one wants to read like i did. :)

Cher said...

I love the story and can't wait for the next edition! We know how it ends which make the beginning even more exciting! Sure love you and miss our days together! Baby Kate is positively the sweetest and cutest baby ever! I love reading your blog! It gives me joy!

Tim and Jennifer said...

Love it. I'm hooked. Was he actually a vampire???

liz said...

ha ha oh my gosh! i forgot how DISGUSTING our little house was! sorry if i flirted ( i don't remeber flirting) b/c i was too crazy about rob and then i developed the crush for aaron ha ha remeber that! i love that yall are doing your story! we had so much fun! ilove you!

Chris and Debbie said...

This is the cutest story! Thank you so much for sharing it! You guys were destined to be together for eternity! Your relationship was perfect from the beginning!