I kept going over to the house over the next few days, to use to the internet to do some work. I would stop by after work everyday and little by little I would talk to the girls. I wasn’t really into any of them at this point, I was just playing it cool.
Friday night was the summer opening social, and I went with my roommate Jake. I decided to go for the free food and entertainment and to meet the new slew of summer people. We got there and we noticed that the only people we knew were the girls from the Piranha House, so we sat with them. I sat down on the grass next to Ani, and the next thing I knew someone had switched out my mismatched sandals, and then Jenna was taking our picture.
Later that night was the first dance of the summer. After awhile of debating, we decided to go. We showed up fashionably late. Just as I was going in, I noticed that Ani was leaving. I was kinda bummed because I had just gotten there and she was taking off. I offered to take her home, and she declined. We staid for like two songs and then headed over to the Piranha House.
After the dance we all congregated at the P-House. One of my roommates had the idea to go for a quick dip in the ocean. After lots of discussion, and an hour later, we found ourselves at Bikini Beach. I was talking to Ani, while walking down to the beach. Once we got on the sand, Liz jumped in-between us and started talking to me.
We got in the water and we were walking out in-between the two reefs, when someone started yelling that something was stinging. Everyone was screaming, but Ani was pretty cool about it. So we all jumped out really quick. My midnight swim ended fast because everyone got stung and were complaining. We grabbed our towels and headed back to the Goat House. I offered Ani some Advil and some water because I could tell she was hurting. She said, “Yeah, that would be good”. She seemed to be in more pain than the others. It was late and so some people bailed, and we were left with a small group out on the deck. Someone decided we should play “truth”. Everyone shares some secrets and it got more and more interesting. My roommate got his hammock out and set it up, and no one was in it, so I jumped in.Bikini Beach (my backyard that summer)
I went inside to get some water and when I came back out, this cute little tan girl had jumped in wearing a brown tank and white shorts. I thought, “Hey, she took spot. But this might get interesting. Two people could fit in there.” So I jumped in and we tried to get comfy. At first it was kinda awkward because we were squished in this hammock and we didn’t really know each other very well. We were just started to talk to each other and stuff. I also just had my board shorts on. No shirt. I thought to myself, this is setting up quite nice, but still a little awkward to be squashed in this hammock. My roommate thought it would be funny to serenade us with personalized songs as we swayed back and forth in the warm midnight breeze. My arm was around Ani, and since we had just been in the water, there was sand in her hair, so I picked the sand out of her hair, cuz I thought it would be nice. After about 30 minutes in the hammock with minimal movement, I noticed my bum was twitching. I didn’t want to move to disrupt the situation, but I thought, “Man, this is really uncomfortable to have it keep twitching.” After another 30 minutes of swaying, it was getting stronger and stronger. Ani got up, and we realized that we skimming the deck the whole time with my checks. Unbelievable.
I was thinking, “that was fun, I want to do that again with this girl.” I wanted to get to know her more. I was interested and intrigued with her.
To be continued…
Friday, November 21, 2008
True Love: Hammock Lovin'-Matt's version
Posted by
Ani
at
10:02 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
These are so fun to read. I can't wait for more!
Post a Comment