Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Patient to Nurse

The only upside to being sick is being taken care of and getting a little guilt free break. I realized this morning when Matt left for work, that I am now a mom, and moms don't get breaks. I was, however, watching the clock and counting the hours until Matt came home, and I could be patient again.
Matt called from work and said he was not feeling well. Please no. Then he called again and said he threw up. Crap. And then again. My plans to get in bed early and read down the toilet. He walked in the door around 4 and was as white as a sheet. Poor guy! (But still poor me!) But as any good wife would do, I got him settled, took his temp (101) and am trying to play nurse with my little energy, while wishing someone would play nurse to me still!
Poor Matt. Poor me.
ps. Don't worry Pam, I am taking good care of your boy.

1 comment:

Danica Osborn said...

i'm so sorry. that is rotten. kev's like you and winds up in the ER every time he gets the flu too. (and guys are hard to look after, cuz they're big babies when they're sick, so you deserve extra credit!) has kate managed to avoid getting sick? hope so!!!