Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Guest Blogger: Matt

I remembered how much I like beets tonight. My wife bought beets in the open market this afternoon and when I got home from work, I was surprised to see beets on the counter for dinner. My wife asked, "how do we cook beets?" I said I think we boil them for awhile and then eat them. Sure enough, we boiled them for a long time and then my wife somehow peeled the tough skin off the top. We dabbed them up with some butter and they were delicious! I remembered how much I liked them. Almost like candy. I told my wife that and she laughed. But then the best part of the night was when she asked if we will have different color of poop and we just laughed together. Only time will tell...stay tuned.

6 comments:

Danica Osborn said...

matt should post more often! it's nice to hear from him. and i think beets change your pee...but i can't remember. be sure to keep us posted.

don't feel to lame about posting about beets. i've been meaning to post about parsnips for some time. seriously!

ani, your comment about him not being dwight made me laugh. is that what inspired you to buy beets? who buys beets?

Sandi said...

I hate beets! I can't believe you like them so much. Not only enough to buy them, but to cook them, eat them and then blog about them.

AND...... you are still waiting for more beets to come out the other end? I am disgusted. Laughing my butt off, but disgusted no less! LOL

nicole said...

I LOVE beets too. Most people don't. My mom bakes them in the oven with balsamic vinegar - nothing better.

Also, did you buy them at the downtown farmers market? I didn't go yesterday but I normally do. They have the best stuff.

queenieweenie said...

You know, Bears Eat Beats.

Breanne King said...

Oh I didn't know they were good...I'll have to try them

Danny said...

Your blogging now? Good job matty! I still have to figure out how to blog too. So maybe I will have something important to say. So what color was it? Inquiring minds want to know.