Hi, this is Mike again. Ani and Matt have started the official movement of Ruby's legacy, "The Ruby Jane Foundation."
The foundation has a goal of promoting organ donation awareness, enacting legislation to enable families to make informed and educated decisions regarding organ donation, and to raise money to support the cause.
We have started planning a "Run for Ruby" that will hopefully take place each year on Ruby's birthday. We couldn't be more excited about this and feel like it is a great way to keep the fire burning that our little baby started. We anticipate having a 5k, 10k, and half marathon. Proceeds will go to the foundation and help us to enact the legislation we believe is necessary to help save thousands of people.
Join the movement. Join with us and help make a difference. Visit our page on Facebook and click the "like" button to receive news and updates about our mission.
Go Rubes!
Or click here:


13 comments:
I feel very strongly about Organ donation. My mom passed away when I was 14 years old. She was awaiting a heart transplant, but sadly a heart never became available in time to save her life. I commend you all for all that you are doing to raise awareness on such an important cause. Good luck in your efforts!!! Ruby's story should be lesson for everyone on the importance of organ donation. NO baby should ever have to die, because they can not get an organ that could save their lives.
I too am an organ donor..It's a wonderful thing. My nephew just received a piece of a knee from soneone who had been an organ donor. It doesn't matter what part, they all help! I am blessed knowing that when I go, there will be parts that will help others!
I am so happy to hear about the Foundation! Something I don't understand is why the process of qualifying interested donors is not more automated online. I remember reading on the blog about people calling in and wanting to donate and there was one woman receiving all the calls and many callers were not qualified. It is probably regulated heavily by the health department. I am just curious.
What an incredible thing to do. I was amazed by you already, but to set this up as a way to bless so many other lives is truly selfless. I'm sure Ruby's just brimming with pride up there:)
I love love love this!!!
I think this is a wonderful idea! I have already liked it! I live in Utah but I would drive to Cali to run for Ruby!!! What an honor that would be! Please let us know the details about the race as the time grows closer.
Loving this idea you guys! What a beautiful way to honor her legacy.... Still praying. Xxoo
If blogger had a "love" button I would press it a million times!
i just found you through "me oh my"...my nephew had the same condition and i couldn't help but be drawn to your story. prayers going up for you and in the days ahead.
I have stated many times in many forms that i will happily donate any and all of my body parts should they help another person.
Why Not!! I will be gone, my body cremated to ashes. Best harvest all that is left of me to the good of another.
In Canada. Going to double check my wishes are known.
Ruby will live on with increased awareness of the gift of donation. So sorry for the families huge loss :(
i'm running for ruby now! i've dedicating my first full marathon to her in st. george this october. can't wait to run an OFFICIAL race for her and in support of organ donation! love and prayers to your family at this time.
I am still praying for you guys!
We organized a similiar event here in Texas for a local family. We were able to raise 12K. Check out our website www.thetrailsrunners.com
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and you can see "Will's Run".
I am not close by but would be happy to answer questions to help you organize the event.
Just click on the "Contact Us" button and I will send you my personal e-mail info.
Gillian
Post a Comment