Ruby is not doing very well. Her labs are all over the place. They are replacing as many things (blood, plasma, potassium, etc.) as they can in a day, and it is not making much of a difference. She feels terrible, and just wants to sleep all day.
Her doctor just came in and said she is open to accept livers again (did I mention she was on hold for a few days since she had a cough?) She said that she is very hard to manage right now, and we really just need for her to be transplanted soon.
Her blood pressure is low today, and her breathing is fast. If those do not improve at all today, then she is going to probably need to go back to the PICU for closer monitoring.
She is the sweetest little baby. I love her so much, and it is so hard to watch her suffer. I cannot even explain the feeling of the little moments of joy I feel when I get emails from people saying how Ruby has inspired them, helped them get through a hard day, or caused them to start praying again. She is such a special child, and she has already done so much good in her 6 (7 tomorrow!) months of life. She is my hero!
Her doctor just came in and said she is open to accept livers again (did I mention she was on hold for a few days since she had a cough?) She said that she is very hard to manage right now, and we really just need for her to be transplanted soon.
Her blood pressure is low today, and her breathing is fast. If those do not improve at all today, then she is going to probably need to go back to the PICU for closer monitoring.
She is the sweetest little baby. I love her so much, and it is so hard to watch her suffer. I cannot even explain the feeling of the little moments of joy I feel when I get emails from people saying how Ruby has inspired them, helped them get through a hard day, or caused them to start praying again. She is such a special child, and she has already done so much good in her 6 (7 tomorrow!) months of life. She is my hero!


18 comments:
Just so you know, she is a hero to SO many people, myself included. I cannot get through a post about Ruby without tears streaming down my face. I wish there was more I could do, but for now I will continue praying that everything will work out as it should.
I am still praying so hard for your sweet baby girl. Hang in there, Ruby!
I am praying for your precious little Ruby every day!
It's not only Ruby who is inspiring all of us, but your strength as well. Your example is helping me to be a more patient mother and to appreciate the little things in life more. I pray for your family daily!
I'm dying to come down there and donte blood or platelets. just trying to make it happen. Stay strong. we will keep praying
Love you, Ani! You have inspired me in so many ways. Ruby has inspired us all. I was struck today by the thoughts of how Ruby has brought so many people closer in friendship, in love, in a common goal for good and healing. While the world would have us tearing each other apart, the Lord blesses us with Angels like Ruby (and you and Matt and Kate) to help us learn to love each other and remember that people are good, truly good. My heart is aching for you and Ruby. I don't know how you do it and how Ruby keeps fighting, but I will keep praying for you until this fight is finally over and that beautiful Ruby has her perfect liver and we can all enjoy her gorgeous smile. Hang in there my friend!!!
I am crying my eyes out for her and for you. My heart breaks when I think about her suffering. I am praying for her. This needs to be over soon. I want that new liver!!
Continuing to pray for Ruby and your family...
ani, i check your blog here every day, hoping for better news. we are thinking of and praying for you and your family so much! even the kids are remembering you and ruby in their personal prayers at night. stella, 4, usually says something like, "and bless baby ruby to feel better." or madelyn will say, "bless baby ruby to get a new liver soon." she truly has inspired us all and even my children are learning to feel sympathy and to care and pray for others through this. she is our hero, too! what a little angel. and ps: just wanted to let you know that your post on perspective was brilliant (in fact, do you mind if i link it to my fb one of these days?). it caused me to skip folding laundry (it is becoming the most massive clean laundry pile ever, and i don't even care!), and just hold my two bigs (while baby lola was sleeping) and cuddle up with a movie the other day. each day is a gift! love you guys tons xoxoxo...
I think Allison put it so well when she said, "It's not only Ruby who is inspiring all of us, but your strength as well. Your example is helping me to be a more patient mother and to appreciate the little things in life more." I too am praying for little Ruby, you, Matt, and sweet Kate.
praying so hard for her and your family.
I am a new reader of your blog, and I want you to know that I am praying for sweet Ruby and your family. She is definitely a hero to me and you are as well. Your strength amazes me! Ruby is very lucky to have you as her mommy during this difficult time.
PS - Ruby is absolutely PRECIOUS!!!
Hi Ani, I am a stranger who came across your blog quite some time ago and check it now daily. As a new mom, I have to tell you that YOU are my hero, you're strength and faith inspires me daily. My husband, my 10 month old baby and I think about you daily. Ruby is beautiful and I hope she smiles for you again soon.
Ruby (and your whole family) are in my daily prayers! Stay strong! I wish my miracle for you and Ruby... for I have been blessed in my life and if possible, I give her my miracle ...a new liver soon and a long healthy life!
Ani, I feel like I comment way too often...sorry! But I just can't tell you how much I admire you and Matt and how often I think about you guys and your sweet family. You are always in my prayers. Mother to mother, my heart aches for you right now. It can be so hard to understand why we are given the trials we are given. I think you have shown such grace, humility, selflessness and great love through this trial you have been given, and your cute little Ruby (and cute little Kate too) is so lucky to be able to call you their mom. HUGS to you and little Ruby tonight...keep picturing the happy future and know that Heavenly Father knows you and what you, your family and Ruby are going through right now. I can't stop thinking about the poem "Footsteps". Even in your darkest hour you will never be left alone.
Keep it up Ani. Your whole family is amazing. Ruby has been blessed with you as her mother. It's obvious from the pictures that she is not feeling well and it breaks my heart. Praying for a smile while we wait for the liver!
We don't know each other but I have been following your blog everyday and praying for your sweet family! I put Ruby's name on the Prayer Roll at the Winter Quarters, Nebraska temple last night. Hope she gets that new liver soon!
Happy 7 months Ruby!!! I found your blog through BannerBoutique on Facebook...and now check it daily for updates. I agree that this is her month, lucky #7! I also am proud to say I just registered with DonateLife and hope many others do the same. Praying for you EVERY NIGHT Ruby!
Post a Comment