Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Poor Ruby girl had a long hard night. She has not been very uncomfortable until just recently. She was up most of the night shrieking, and it just broke our hearts. It is infuriating to watch your child suffer, and not be able to offer any help. We tried everything. Finally, they order morphine and some oxygen for her, and she was finally able to rest around 3 or 4.
We are hoping to get news today if my cousin will be a match or not. Some people have been asking about the Living Related Donors. They will only consider family, or very, very close friends. They only work up one person at a time. So, right now, my cousin is being worked up, and if she is not a match, then they will move down the line to the next person they have waiting on the list. I am very thankful for all the people that are willing and ready to donate for Ruby. It is truly amazing how many people love this little girl!
We are hoping today is her lucky day. Our lucky day! August 9th has a good ring to it, right?!

19 comments:

Annette said...

Good luck today...you're right, that little Ruby is amazing. You all are! We're praying for you.

Anonymous said...

good luck. im still praying for you all.
brittany

Anonymous said...

I am a follower of your blog and it pains me to read how little Ruby is doing. My heart breaks for her and your family. I cannot even begin to imagine how you as her mother must feel. Your strength is something to be admired, truly. I pray and pray that she is able to receive a liver ASAP! She is an amazing little girl, bur you already know that! Thoughts and prayers coming from Ohio!

Canadian Princess said...

Please oh please let today be the day for our darling Ruby!

Praying like crazy for her...

Anonymous said...

I can't stop thinking about little Ruby! I pray for her and your cute little family constantly and am checking your blog nonstop for good news! I can't wait until I see that she'll be getting a new liver! Hopefully today! She's so beautiful and amazing!!!!!!!!!!!

Amber said...

Today Is a good day!!!
Hang In there little Ruby, my little boys dont know you but they see your pictures and love you and pray for you!!!

Sandi said...

I hate that she is miserable. I am praying for your cousin..... and so happy that I am considered a very very close friend. Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to be screened. That in and of itself was an honor. I keep praying for good news.

Please update as soon as you get word if she is a match. I love you mama!

liz said...

you are seriously amazing and so strong ani. all night last night i kept waking up checking facebook on my phone hoping there was going to be news of a new liver. i really hope today is the day because yes august 9th does sound great!

Rachel Garces said...

Today sounds like a perfect day for a miracle. So many of us didn't sleep last night with Ruby on our minds and in our hearts. She is a fighter!!!

Rubydotlarue said...

August 9th has a lovely ring to it. Today is going to be a great day for you and Ruby and everyone involved in helping make her life better. I know it's hard to see her struggle but know it's not for much longer!! Her miracle is coming!!! God Bless You!!!

Amanda and Matt Dalton said...

August 9th sounds like the perfect day :) Will be praying so hard for that sweet little Ruby today!!

Anonymous said...

I just registered...#526
Thinking of Ruby all day, all night...couldnt even sleep. Praying harder for her than I ever have in my life.... I keep checking on the blog and FB for updates for good news for her and soon!!!!
Kristy

Kimberly said...

Ani,
Probably a dumb question but do you have to be a+ blood type to be a liver match for her?

Aaron and Lindsay said...

Today has to be the day! We're praying extra hard your cousin is a match. Keep us posted, We're always praying for you guys. You are touching so many lives and changing people forever! We love you!!

queenieweenie said...

Ani...I love you and your sweet little family SO very much. I think of you and pray for you EVERYDAY. My family fasted on Sunday for Ruby girl. I hope and pray for a miracle today. You are strong and amazing.

Carly and Tyler said...

Today would be a perfect day for that beautiful little girl to get this much needed gift. You are all so inspiring and I am grateful to know you all!! Praying as hard as I can that it is today!!!!

Anne said...

I am a stranger to you but I know Jenna vela and have been following your blog through hers. Just want to let you know that we too have been praying for your family and I fasted on Sunday for your little ruby. She is a sweet baby. Precious to everyone who sees her pictures. Good luck this week with finding a donor. It's got to be soon!

Anne

Aaron Edmonds said...

Ani,
I read your entry titled "Perspective" to my leadership team today at work as to inspire them to be great and to help them express love not only to each other but more importantly to their families. Many were in tears and were inspired by your wonderful thoughts. Thank you for giving me "perspective."

Fabiana said...

We still praying for her. Today i will ask our church choir to help in prayer for her. May God bless you all!