Wednesday, August 17, 2011

A lot of healing has taken place over the past few days. Yesterday was just what we needed. The amount of love and respect for our sweet daughter was so awe inspiring. Ruby loves being outside, and loves the sunshine on her face, so that is what we will be doing today. We are taking a "Ruby Day".

41 comments:

Kristin Robinson said...

A perfect day!

Erin said...

Sounds perfect. Soak up the sunshine.

Sam and Megan said...

I know she will be right there with you! Enjoy your "Ruby Day"!

Robyn said...

Yay! I'm so happy for you today. Enjoy the beautiful sunshine and soak up Ruby's love for you all!!!

Rachel Garces said...

I think that's what I'll call perfect sunshine days...."Ruby Day's' .....Hope your day is full of Ruby's love.

Sandi said...

SMILING!

Anonymous said...

I am in total awe for your courage and strength! Enjoy your Ruby Day! Happy sunshine!!

Allison said...

Enjoy your Ruby Day in the lovely CA sunshine! You deserve it.

Ashley Dickman said...

take it in... you, Matt, and Kate!

Anonymous said...

Have a great Ruby Day! I think I'll take one of those too!!

Leah Trost said...

Sounds perfect, we all need Ruby days in our lives. So glad she has taught us that important message!! Enjoy each moment!

Leah said...

Sounds perfect, we all need Ruby days in our lives. So glad she has taught us that important message!! Enjoy each moment!

Leah said...

Sounds perfect, we all need Ruby days in our lives. So glad she has taught us that important message!! Enjoy each moment!

Leah said...

Sorry about the triplicate message. Must have been so good my finger kept hitting the publish button!

Anonymous said...

you need it, Ruby is supplying the sunshine for your special "Ruby Day"... :-)

Braden and Jodee said...

Such a beautiful day for that!

Anonymous said...

you are incredible! i can't get over how amazing you are. enjoy your day!!

Anonymous said...

good for you! go have an excellent ruby day! glad your feeling more peace!
Been thinking about you and praying for you and your family. along with thousands of other people....you guys are loved!

Annette said...

Hope your "Ruby Day" is a wonderful one. It sounds perfect!

Yesterday's celebration of Ruby was absolutely beautiful. The Spirit was so strong...and her's was too. An unforgettable experience for my family. Thanks for sharing such a special day with us.

Amy said...

You are so strong, Ani. We are continually praying for you and your sweet family!

anjuli paschall said...

a ruby day sounds perfect. praying that th elope of Christ shines deeply on your faces today.

Katie said...

I think we all should take a "Ruby Day". What a wonderful idea. I think I will start calling the days we take off to be with each other, "Ruby Days"

Anonymous said...

May the sun shina its brightest on you today... and know that is your sweet angel shinning down on you (with the help from her heavenly Father of course!) May the sunshine warm your heart and ache a little less today... enjoy your Ruby Day!

Luke and Marin said...

You and your family are so incredible. Thank you for sharing your story so publicly. You have made me want to be a better wife and mother. Thank you for being the amazing person you are. I have been praying for your family. I know sweet Ruby will be with you always.

J Nellinger said...

Ruby Days are my favorite! So glad to hear some healing has started. Keep your faith and stay strong you have so much support all around you. Much love to you and your family!

Eve said...

Yet one more reason you two are made for each other! You cute sun-loving family. I love that you will think of Ruby whenever you enjoy the warm sunshine. Now I will, too.

Mike and Amie said...

Loves.
The White Family
XXXOOO

lrwardell said...

Thank you for sharing your story with us. Although we are on the other side of the country we too can feel the love and peace that Ruby brought from our Heavenly Father and are able to enjoy His loving embrace. I like the idea of Ruby Days and will think of your sweet family and the lessons taught during this time.

I am a firm believer that the trials we go through in this life not only make us stronger but can help those around us as well. You have touched so many people and shared the gospel in such a beautiful way. I know without a doubt that Heavenly Father is so very proud of all of you. May you continue feeling His peace and love always.

Sarah said...

Your strength and gusto for life continues to amaze me. You are such an inspiration to anybody who has heard your story - thank you! I am glad you can feel Gods warmth and you have begun to heal.

Pat and Brittany said...

Little Ruby will be with you today! I hope you enjoy your "Ruby Day". Thank you for letting me join your wonderful celebration yesterday! You are such an inspiring person and a truly amazing mom! I framed Ruby's picture in my daughter's room and I remember your sweet baby girl and all she has taught me every day!

Cortney said...

i love it. i think i'll take a Ruby Day tomorrow!

jenbkelley said...

Hugs to you and your family and this beautiful Ruby Day!

Dani said...

I am soo very sorry for your loss...your family and little Ruby are forever in our hearts...

Enjoy your Ruby Day...always know she's always with you...

Ashley said...

I want to send my love. Last summer we lost our only daughter at the time to a drowning accident. Today someone sent me your link. To be honest I haven't been able to scroll all the way down because the pictures of your sweet Ruby in the hospital are painful, they bring back so many memories of our Preslee in the hospital. But Ruby is adorable, and I can see she touched so many people. Aren't blogs amazing? We've had a similar experience with the blog as well.

Hang in there, my heart breaks for your family. I wish this wasn't a trial you have to endure, I wish I could take it away. We took on a motto: "I Can Do Hard Things." Remember that over the next few months. Your sweet family will be in our prayers.

Love,
Ashley and Patrick Sullenger
www.patrickandashley.blogspot.com

P.S. You probably have been given this quote, but just in case you haven't I'll share

"The Lord compensates the faithful for every loss. That which is taken away from those who love the Lord will be added unto them in His own way. While it may not come at the time we desire, the faithful will know that every tear today will eventually be returned a hundredfold with tears of rejoicing and gratitude." - Joseph B Wirthlin

Just think, a hundredfold. One day we'll be able to rejoice.

Carly and Tyler said...

I think we all need to follow your example and Ruby Day's often. Yesterday was beautiful. Your strength and example are so inspiring!! Lots and lots of love!!

Candice said...

Ruby's story is truly inspiring.. I am from New Zealand so I can't sign up at Donate Life but I have always been a donor from the moment I became of age to be able to make the choice myself. Reading about Ruby makes me so much more passionate about organ donation. It is something so small we can do that could pricelessly change someones life.

Alicia said...

I am so sorry for your loss. Ruby is beautiful. A family friend of mine has an amazing website: www.agoodgrief.com. I think it's a great support system and has some options to help you guys out. :)

Julee said...

I hope you all had a great Ruby day!!!

Erin said...

My thoughts are with you during this extremely difficult time. I wanted to reach out and just let you know how very dedicated my husband and I are to organ donation and Donate Life- my husband is currently waiting for a kidney transplant (2nd one) and is on dialysis. He has been on for 5 years now.

I am praying for your family and in just a short amount of time, your daughter make such a difference and a huge impact on so many people's lives.

God Bless.

Avery said...

Wish I could've been there to show my love and respect. I'm sure there were even so many more that wanted to be there. I'm so glad to hear that it was healing for you. You and Ruby and your family are truly and inspiration in the lives of so many including mine. I'm in awe of how many people have been affected for the better by her.
You're an amazing example to me of how to handle the challenge of having a sick child. It is so hard, but there is so much good that can come out of it too. Thank you Ani.
Praying daily for your continued comfort to get through the hard moments.

Nate said...

We sure love you Ani. Have a wonderful Ruby day. How happy she will be to see her family enjoying the things she loves.