Thursday, August 4, 2011

My Kate Bug

We know that the storm is right around the corner.
We decided to take advantage of Ruby being on "hold", and take a night off, and enjoy some time with Kate.
My Dad had a sleep over with the Rubes, and Matt, Kate and I headed to a nearby hotel for some fun, real sleep, and a lot of snuggling. I sure miss my big girl. She is changing and growing up so fast, and I am trying to just grasp on to any moments with her that I can.
As much as I wish that her sweet and comfortable life was not turned upside down, I realized this week, that this is a learning experience for her as well. We have tried to keep her away when Ruby is doing really bad or hooked up to a lot of things, but really feel like it is ok for her see her sister in her "less than perfect" state. She is very mature about everything, and has really gotten comfortable hanging out at the hospital. She loves her baby sister, and get anxious to go back to her room when we are in the cafeteria.
I am missing my Kate tonight, and wishing I was jumping on a hotel bed with her again tonight.

1 comment:

Natalie. said...

This picture thrills me. I'm totally praying for Kate. I know how much stress this causes on siblings. I've got my kiddos praying for her as well. They totally "get it" and have so much compassion for her.