Friday, August 5, 2011

Happy Seven Months!

My Ruby Jane is 7 months today!
I feel like she has been mine forever. I thank my Heavenly Father for her every single day.


In celebration of her seven month of life, if you haven't already, will you consider registering to be an organ donor at Donate Life?
If we are willing to accept a lifesaving gift, shouldn't we be willing to offer it as well?
So many of these sweet children and babies are just waiting and waiting. Raising awareness about this important cause will save lives.
Over a thousand people read this blog everyday, so it shouldn't be hard to hit 200 donors today! Couldn't think of a more appropriate gift for Ruby's big day tomorrow.
I have a feeling that 7, is going to be her lucky number. I can feel it. It is going to be a good month for my babe.
Spread the word. Donate Life.

(Don't forget to take the poll on the right sidebar once you have signed up! Also, email me your address and we will send you a Ruby Jane wristband.)

20 comments:

Sandi said...

Happy seven months Ruby Jane! I love you little girl.

Canadian Princess said...

This might be a silly question but if I am already signed up to be an organ donor on the back of my license should I sign up at Donate Life as well? I hadn't signed up before because I figured its the same thing, but just reading your post I thought maybe I should ask.

And happy 7 month birthday Ruby girl!

Anonymous said...

Happy 7 months, Ruby! We are all rooting for you!

Shaylee said...

145 and it's not even 10am :)

Desi said...

I found your blog through the Mormon Bachelorette website and your sweet Ruby's story just breaks my heart. I have a son just 6 months older than her and as I read your story I look at him and can't imagine how hard this must be for you. I've always been leery of being an organ donor, for what reason I don't know. I've just always donated blood saying that was my contribution, but I just signed up in honor of Ruby...Happy 7 month birthday sweet girl!

Chelsea said...

I have been an organ donor all of my adult life, but also signed up through your blog. I would love a ruby bracelet, and I am my daughter will wear it with pride :)

chelsea.brunner@gmail.com

Jessica said...

I just signed up to be a donor. I also posted a link to your blog on my facebook page and sent an email to my friends and family, in hopes that they will sign up to become donors too. I have fallen in love with your sweet Ruby Jane over the past few months and am praying for her (and your family) every day. I would love a wristband and will wear it proudly.

JessicaBwell@gmail.com

Leslie Seror said...

Happy 7 months, Ruby! We are all rooting for you. I pray for you every night.

Val said...

I just signed up to be a donor. I would love a wristband to give to my daughter to wear for Ruby. We love to pray for her every night.

viennasboys@cox.net

We love you guys!

BruceFamily said...

I just signed up here in Antofagasta. Don't send me a bracelet because I don't want the international postage wasted.

We are praying for you down here in Chile. You are an inspiration sweet Ani.

Love from the far side of the moon,
Tracy

Anonymous said...

i know you already reached the 200 goal today, but my husband and i just signed up. little ruby is the sweetest thing ever. if we could give her our own livers,we would! praying for you!

Anonymous said...

I'm number 206. We all love you Ruby. we love your Mom and Dad too! Xoxo
Love Aimee

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

Happy Seven Months, sweet Ruby Jane. You are a warrior! Hoping you receive you transplant immediately so you can begin to enjoy life with your wonderful family....

LaurenWoff said...

Sweet angel girl!!! Happy 7 months! Your goal is 200 but I know at this point you've inspired 1000s on earth AND in heaven- those other sweet spirits from heaven are looking down and you and cheering you on so hard!!! They knew you could do this! You're perfect and i love you. Can't wait to get my hands on you someday- feel as blessed as if I were holding my own child for the first time (and probably more!). Xoxo.

MegRich said...

I just signed up to be a donor! Thanks for spreading awareness Ani. Here's to a new liver for Ruby!

Anonymous said...

Happy day precious baby girl. You and your family have been such an inspiration for me and my family. My husband was on the fence about being an organ donor and after reading your story, it official. Your Mum has the ability in her gift of writing to allow us all to share in this journey. You are strong, loved, and a true joy to so many. We all love you Ruby Jane and believe that you will some day look back upon this battle and read your Mom's words and feel the support, prayers and unconditional love that blanketed you during this tough time and feel so very blessed. May your 7th month be your very best ever. <3 <3 Laurie

Anonymous said...

I was just looking at pics again and noticed in the "Us girls, this morning" photo that you and sweet Ruby have the same widow's peak and identical hairline. So beautiful.

Thinking of you often and praying for grace and miracles to shower you all.

Jaxx

Anonymous said...

The deepest, strongest and biggest of prayers for you little one... Stay strong...

Mandy Porras

Jeff and Kelly and kids said...

I am Chelsea Bridges Sister. I too have been an organ donor all my adult life. I would love to wear a "Ruby" bracelet. My email is jkcrhea@hotmail.com

You truly amaze me! My prayers are with you and your sweet family.

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to let you know I signed up as well. It's been on my driver's license, but I never registered online. Thank you for the reminder and the updates. I found your blog through a friend's and love to read about your sweet girls. Your family makes me excited for the day when I can have my own.
-Rebecca