Monday, August 1, 2011

Not the one!

Can't wait to see her skin return back to normal color, and her eyes to be bright white and blue again!

Well, we finally fell asleep around 1:30 last night, and woke up at 2:00am to two doctors explaining that it was just not the right fit for Ruby. Oddly, I was totally ok with that news. I am SO scared for transplant. So scared. I can't believe I have to send my tiny girl off to this huge 6 hour surgery. It has been more than 3 months we had to wrap our heads around this, and we still haven't. How can we?
I know that the perfect match is out there. It is just going to be an trial and error until we find the right one. That, I am prepared for. It is never a sure thing until she is actually down in the OR. She has a little virus right now as well, so I feel more comfortable giving her a little extra time to get some more strength back. They are recalculating her score today, so she might be even higher up on the list. I know the transplant is right around the corner.

Us girls, this morning.

As scary as this all is, I am so excited for my girl to feel good again. She has not really bounced back from last week like we thought she would. She is on full monitors right now, and probably will be for awhile. Her breathing is a little bit labored, and fast. While her respirations are like they are, they are not following her to eat. She does not have very much energy, and has not smiled since last Monday. She has been throwing up. Her labs are all over the place. She is sleeping a lot as well. She is definitely getting worse. We knew this was going to happen, but it doesn't make it any easier to watch. I am just so thankful that there is light at the end of this tunnel. I am so thankful for good doctors, and technology. 25 years ago, she wouldn't have the chance that this transplant is giving her.
So, we just wait. We feel so thankful for all the prayers being offered up for Ruby and our family. We FEEL the strength and love and support. I can't even begin to express my gratitude. These prayers are literally getting us through this trial.
Thank you.

Ruby girl, trying to take her morning nap.

12 comments:

S. Tallman said...

Praying in Tupelo, Mississippi! I love you and little Ruby Jane! <3

Sandi said...

Shaylee was up all night with you. Watching and waiting. We are all so ready for baby ruby to feel better too. Hang in there mama! I love you.

Anonymous said...

You are a strong mother. A strong mother indeed.

Eve said...

I'm praying for Ruby's virus to leave her body and her perfect liver to find it. I am quite sure this is one of your life's biggest trials, probably the biggest. And you are handling it with such grace. I would hope I would have half as much as you if I were in a similar situation.

Carie said...

I cannot imagine the strength you have to go through all of this. It must be so hard. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers.

Rachel Garces said...

Ani- I just want to scoop her up and love on her. She is so incredibly sweet. She definitely has a place in my heart. I just know her day is coming soon. So she can be whole again.

Tim and Jennifer said...

Is there a way to post that "Praying for Ruby" on the side of my blog? I love it.

Missy said...

Oh Ani. My girls seriously pray for Ruby at breakfast, lunch and dinner. "Please bless Ruby to feel better..." We are praying or her and you and your entire family. It is soon and what a blessing that will be! hugs all around.

shawna henrie said...

im glad she takes a binky...probably so much comfort for her...hang in there. xxoo

Anonymous said...

I heard about your story though a close friend who knows you. My heart ached after hearing what you are going though. I wish my blood type was the same so that I could donate. I'm praying for your little girl and your family!!

Anonymous said...

praying for your tough lil angel, i so hope a donor comes through soon, much love & prayers from Colorado <3~lese

Anonymous said...

Is someone crying or is that just me?