Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Afternoon thoughts...

1. I am excited to see the bones in my feet again soon.


2. It will be great to sneeze/cough and not have to change my outfit after.
While in Palm Springs, I was looking for my mom and Matt on the golf course and I sneezed and yeeeeeah. I was wearing pink sweat shorts. So, I just had to go find a deserted place and wait to be found. Then I had to tell them what happened and sit in the sun waiting to dry out. Not my best moment.
3. I am excited for Matt that one day soon I will not snore at night.

4. I might start abiding by traffic rules once I don't have a watermelon inside me. I am such a lower rider right now, it hurts to turn to check before a lane change (or even when backing out of a parking spot, I just hope that no one is there), and it is way too much effort and pressure on the bladder to make complete stops.

5. Antacids will no longer be my best friend. I carry a huge Costco bottle in my purse and keep one on the night stand. At night I pour a huge pile out on the nightstand, and everytime I wake up I just grab for a couple (or 5). Or, if I am out and about, I don't even bother using my hands, they go straight from the bottle to my mouth. I HATE ANTACIDS. They taste like old Smarties.
6. I might prefer the smell of my deordant more than the smell of sweat soon. I can't stand any scent of deodorant, except Matt's. (Which I have used, but am worried I'll hate that too, so I stopped using his)
7. It will be nice to be able to pick things off the ground when I drop them.
8. I will miss eating treats whenever I have the urge.
9. I will miss having an excuse for everything. Not showering, wearing sweats, no making dinner, eating 2 bowls of Cinnamon Toast Crunch, dirty dishes in the sink, going to bed early ;), etc.

10. I can't wait to burn like 10 outfits that I have been forced to wear this past month. It almost makes me sick to look at them. I have to wait a little longer to burn them though, or I will have NOTHING that fits.
This tank top will be the first to go:


11. I have the urge to do a cartwheel. I might wait a few weeks for that one.
12. It will be nice to be able to put lotion on my legs again, shave effectively, and paint my toes (getting pedicures is nice though).
13. I will not miss the 40 pounds I WILL lose.
14. I will miss feeling my little baby dance around in my tummy.
15. I will NOT miss her kicking my ribs all day.

16. It will be nice to walk up all 3 flights of stairs to our apt. with out taking a break.

17. I will miss random people being really friendly and smiling at me.
18. I am excited to finally put all of the baby things we have to use!
19. I will be thrilled to finally meet this little addition to our family.
20. Being pregnant was not fun for me, and I can't wait for it to end, but I am scared to be a mom! But really EXCITED too!

I thought I would be one of those girls who really loved being pregnant. Nope. I think I liked it for like 1 week before I started feeling sick, and then maybe for a month when I felt good and the belly was a cute size. It has been a really painful thing for me! I have felt like a different person the whole time. I can't wait to be normal again! We are so ready to meet our little girl. Matt put her car seat in the car the other night, and I keep looking in the mirror while driving and thinking about how she will soon be my constant companion! I am so excited to finally get to hold her in my arms and not with my belly!

(Phew. I have been meaning to write in my journal, but I have to bend down to get it. Now I can make it off my To Do List. Next up, iron the shower curtain, yup, still nesting.)

8 comments:

Ash and Christian said...

I'm sorry but I died laughing at the picture of your feet. Only because it looks all too familiar, and I'm sure that I too, will be joining you in a few weeks.

I'm sorry that it's been miserable. But I promise your little girl will be so worth it that you might even consider doing it again... (and again.)

Anonymous said...

You are going to be so glad you documented all of this because as shocking as it may sound- you will very soon forget what it was truly like to be "full on" pregnant! I think that is what enables us to all do it again someday :) The "challenge" of pregnancy will go away soon- and a new"challenge" will arrive :) - you will LOVE and adore this new little bundle though so it makes it ALL worth it!! So excited for you!

Danica Osborn said...

your poor feet! haha i was crazy swollen too, it was mid winter so i didn't have the option of wearing sandals like you, and i remember the sunday before i delivered i wore boots to church with a long skirt, only i couldn't even zip the boots up all the way. so sad! that'll be the first weight to go though! and sweet baby k will be worth every second of misery. it's true, it's crazy how you forget just how rotten pregnancy and delivery are, and are ready to do it all over again after a while.
i miss you too!!! i could really use another mommy buddy. pleeeeease text me your address so i can send something!

Jamie said...

You are so cute Ani, I love how honest you are! (oh and don't worry, I'm not pregnant and eat 2-4 bowls of cereal every morning).

Chris and Debbie said...

Ani, that was so sad,l but also so funny. I'm so sorry that you've had such a painful and not fun pregnancy. I'm sure in a couple of weeks when you look into her beautiful eyes and cuddle her in your arms it will be worth every miserable minute of it. Hang in there a little longer and pray she won't be late!

Jamie said...

Let's get together this weekend! We can sit on the beach and wait for baby Kate to arrive :). Call me!

Ashley Dickman said...

You are a total crack up! First of all, why in the world did you spend money on avocadoes... y'all should have picked them off of Dan's parents trees! Now finally... go and get yourself a massage right now! TODAY!

tracy said...

Sorry to tell you that the bladder thing never went away with me. Just ask my family...I have to stop and cross my legs when I sneeze...tmi, I know.