At what age did your baby crawl?! I want her to start, but know all the extra work it will require. But still anxious for the next milestone!
Am I paranoid? I still break everything into teeny weeny pieces.
At what age should I start signing with your babies, (if you did)? What are the most useful words?
Is it possible to love a second, third, fourth, etc...child as much as I love Kate?! I am obsessed with her chubby cheeks and kissy lips.


7 comments:
I love number 14 as much as number one! I didn't think it was possible either. I whispers in his tiny ear on the way to the hospital to have Shaylee, I said,"I will always love you the most." I just didn't believe it was possible to have room for another in my already full heart. I was wrong. I love them all so freakin much I could explode!
Parker is 14 months and he is a signing machine. He knows, milk, mommy, daddy, more, all done, sleep, outside. I am sure he knows more, but my brain is tired tonight. I love the signing. Pickle has brought something positive to the family. My Kate is still the best signer in the house. She knows about 600 words. She is amazing.
Lucy didn't crawl until 14 months-little slow. But she says about 40-50 words. You know me, we've done all the assessments and seen the specialists-paranoid yes. Bottom line-she's fine and I just want her to enjoy being a baby.
I did the Bay Einstein Signs with her and she loves the video. Research says to start around 4-6 months. Lucy never really signed. I kept trying to get her to sign more, but then she would just say it. Then I realized signing was a way to bridge the gap between talking so I stopped stressing signing and just let her talk.
kaden never got to a full crawl... he started an army crawl at about 8months and then went straight to walking 3 days before he was 10 months old! she'll get there... enjoys the rolling for as long as you can!
i'm always paranoid about food too. I can honestly say that kaden has never choked on a thing in his life, but emory has already choked on a little puff and it scared me to death! i always break it up in tiny pieces though.
i don't know about the signing... i never did it because i heard that kids get stuck on it and they talk later. however, my friends little boy does it and the "please" and "more" is pretty darn cute!
are you pregnant young lady? ;) just teasing! oh, how I wondered the same thing! i remember holding kaden crying telling him how much i loved him, but then feeling pregnant with emory and i was hooked all over again... the love is amazing for and from a little person!
claire was 6 mos when she crawled, and she got so good at it that walking came late (almost 15 mos). but they say kids are crawling later and later, since they spend less time on their tummy and don't develop the "push up" until later, so don't stress about it.
why risk choking? i think it's fine if you're paranoid.
signing's great around the 6 month mark, but it's a long stretch before they start doing them back, so don't get discouraged. start with basic necessities--forget politeness 'til later--words like milk, food, more, help, and hurt are the best ones to start with b/c they get the child results and clue them in on, "hmmm, if i do this i get what i want". later you can add animals and specifics. reading signing books with them when they're young and doing the signs along with the pictures is the best way to start, and i liked the baby einstien signing video. it reduces tantrums and tears and frustrations, and invites you into their world. i am the hugest fan!!! seriously, email me if you want to know what resources to use...
are you pregnant again? or considering getting knocked up again soon? :)
oh, and one more tip--be sure to use the verbal word with the sign, so that they're being exposed to both so that eventually they'll drop the sign and have the word for it. it was so nice to have claire saying, "bah" and doing the sign so we'd know, okay was that ball or book she just asked for...
Georgie didn't crawl until he was about 10 months. I was fine with that because it kept him little longer. He walked shortly there after and only really crawled for about a month. He was a late crawler and early talker. I've heard that babies usually do one or the other faster/easier. For George talking came easier.
We started some signing around 7 months. He signed (and still does sometimes) more, all done, please, thank you, and eat. That was as far as I got because he started saying his first words around 9 months and from there his speech just continued without the signs.
I have heard you love subsequent children as much as your first, but it sometimes seems like there will always be a special bond between a mama and her firstborn because of all those one on one days. I guess we'll have to get pregnant to find out :).
Kyle crawled like 2 days before he was 10 months old and it was a FAST crawl from then on out. We have the Baby Einstein Signing DVD and it's the only one Kyle watches. I practiced "milk" and "more" with him from an earlier age, but he's learned "please," "all done," "eat" and the other day he did "daddy," mainly from the DVD. It's so cute and really helps me. (I was worried about him associating "milk" with the bottle, but he seems to be doing okay with me giving him the sippie when he signs for it now that we are getting off the bottle.)
Post a Comment