Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Swimming Lessons 2010

Kate and I did a "Mommy and Me" swim class again this summer. It was really fun for me, but not so much for Kate. She loves the water, but the lessons scared her. She has a killer grip, and can really tug at the heart strings when she pleads, "Mommmmy, hold you, babe! All done!" It was a good learning experience for us. Every morning, she would tell me, "I wanna stay in the car, I'm shy." Fruit snacks could get her out of the car. But once we got to the pool, she would run and hide in the bushes. Too funny. In the end she pulled through, learned how to hold her breath and go under the water, and feels more comfortable in the pool now. Love my little swimmer girl.

Swimmer Kate after her last lesson
Still a little scared we were going to get back in.
Nervously biting her nails!
Kate, and her swim teacher Sarah.
Love this face.
Good job Kate!
I know it wasn't fun for you, but you did so well and you are going to be a great swimmer someday! Love you buggy.

2 comments:

Lemme said...

she's soooo cute. i told nate that if we have a little girl, we're totally putting her in a two piece. he objected and i got onto your blog and showed him a picture of kate from a while back sitting in a chair in the cutest two piece in all her chubby glory. i think it got him on my side!! thanks!

Anonymous said...

She is so STINKIN' cute! I can't believe how grown up she looks in these pictures. Is it completely bizarre that I say that seeing as how I don't even know you guys? Uhh...probably. But she is adorable nonetheless!