Saturday, July 24, 2010

Life at 17 weeks...

I feel like doing a lot of this lately...
Can't seem to find my energy anywhere...I miss it. This morning Matt was dancing around and did some little dance move/jumping jacks and then told me he would give me $20 if I could do it. I knew it was a long shot...I did a half jump and then quit. He gave me $10 for trying.

I am had a long stretch of about 4 days of no nausea, and then it returned. It is totally manageable now, but who likes feeling nauseous at all? I am still taking Unisom, and one Zofran a day. I might try this week to give up the Zofran...we shall see!

I can cook now! Yipee. But still don't like the lingering smell of most foods.
I am still waiting for my tummy to "pop" out. It looks really unflattering in a swim suit. My Dr. reassured me, by the time we go to Hawaii, "it should look a little more 'pregnant', but people still shouldn't be asking you if you are pregnant." Oh well...at least if I have to look chubby in a swimsuit, I get to do it in Hawaii.
Every night I get those cramp-y growing pains. Not fun.
I have gained about 10 pounds so far. Boo to that. BUT, the good news I don't have to stuff my face every 30 minutes now, so I am hoping the weight gain will slow down.

Baby girl is growing quite nicely and had a good, strong heartbeat on Thursday! Kate is excited, and we are thrilled to have another daughter shortly. Things are looking up...maybe in another two weeks I will be great?!
17 weeks

6 comments:

Tim and Jennifer said...

You're beautiful!

Brooke Wilkins said...

seriously u have the cutest pregnant belly! No joke! Congrats! two girls is so so so so fun!

Katie said...

I would take looking 9 months pregnant ANY day over looking about 13-15 weeks along. It is a frustrating stage.

Megan said...

having no energy is such a hard thing to combat ... especially when you still aren't feeling well and have a two year old to look after! at least you can take solace in the fact that you look great ... even while in the annoying stage : )

Lemme said...

yeah...this stage sucks...blah

Kara said...

Ugh, sorry about the lack of energy. I love the bet that you had. At least you tried :). I hope you're feeling better soon!