We have some company in town, and yesterday was a busy, busy, day!
We left Kate with her Uncle Dave and went to a movie. When we came home, she looked at me and said, "No!!!" She didn't want her little date to be over. I was a little sad she was not happy we were home.
Then she had like 5 people in her room, reading her stories, and playing with her. I went to my bathroom to get ready for bed, but then heard her over the monitor ask, "Where's my Mommy?" And then I heard her little quick steps coming toward my room. She brought a book with her, and then sat on the floor and asked me to read her the book.
I know it sounds really simple, but it meant the world to me, that out of a house full of fun entertainment, she missed her Mama, and needed me at the moment. And I hope I never forget moments like that. I love my girl.
We left Kate with her Uncle Dave and went to a movie. When we came home, she looked at me and said, "No!!!" She didn't want her little date to be over. I was a little sad she was not happy we were home.
Then she had like 5 people in her room, reading her stories, and playing with her. I went to my bathroom to get ready for bed, but then heard her over the monitor ask, "Where's my Mommy?" And then I heard her little quick steps coming toward my room. She brought a book with her, and then sat on the floor and asked me to read her the book.
I know it sounds really simple, but it meant the world to me, that out of a house full of fun entertainment, she missed her Mama, and needed me at the moment. And I hope I never forget moments like that. I love my girl.



2 comments:
Things like that melt my heart as a Mommy as well :)
Having my baby choose me is the best feeling I think I have ever felt. I don't even feel that bad for Rob when she pushes him away and wants me (ok, maybe I feel a little bad). Such a wonderful Mama Moment. And congratulations on girl number 2!
Post a Comment