Kate is teething. 'Nuff said? Probably yes. But..I shall go on.
She refused to take her afternoon naps all week, which lead to a crazy baby for 6 hours before bedtime, and an even crazier me. She whined all week. She wanted to be held or walking (with someones help) at all times. ALL TIMES. My baby is 25 pounds. My left arm is so strong. Wanna feel it? She wanted me, me, me.
Last night at 9:02, (right as Grey's started) she woke up crying. And Crying. And crying. All she wanted was mama, a bottle, her blanket, and Baby Einsteins. All together. I tried to turn off the TV. Crying. Take her empty bottle away? Crying. Give her to Matt? Crying and reaching for me! (I secretly really loved that part).
After she had calmed down, gotten in 20 minutes of cuddling, I would put her down. I would creep out of her room, into mine, and just as I was about to crawl into my warm bed, she would start all over again.
This happened 4 or 5 times. I lost count to tell you the truth. It was like groundhogs night.
She is a little happier today. But, I cannot do another night like that. CANNOT!
I tried Tylenol and Orajel, any other tips for me?
Friday, May 1, 2009
All I want for Christmas is all her teeth to be in!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Teething tablets. They are homeopathic and sold near the other teething stuff I believe. Also, Tylenol was lame. Kyle loved infant's motrin.
Oh Ani, I am feeling your pain! Parker is going to get Fed-exed somewhere if he doesn't END THE TEETHING!
pres went through the same thing. all her teeth came in at once. six in a week. I had her suck on frozen teething toys. and i bought those mesh bag toys that you can put fruit or ice in. she would love chewing on a cold apple slice. it didn't help with the sleeping though.
good luck. those are the hardest times, when you are exhausted and baby won't / can't sleep!
tips?
know that this won't last! that is what saved me on those rough nights. she'll be over it soon and will go back to being practically perfect. she needs you right now-- her mouth hurts and she has no idea why. but once those teeth pop through she'll be good as new, and you'll be glad you spent time cuddling her through it. good luck-- i totally feel your pain.
Post a Comment