I feel ya Paula.
Guess who nursed in public today?! Yup. Me! We wanted to go to the beach and I decided it was time to face my fears (and not rush home, or cut the day at the beach short).
It was made possible by:
Ashley's cute hooter hider that she made me (thanks!), and our huge umbrella and stroller on either side of me. It went fine, the only problem was it was SUPER windy and the hider kept blowing up! Matt kept saying it wasn't a big deal, and not to worry about it. I asked him how he would feel if his "you-know-what" peeked out in public. He got my point.
On a sadder note, I am ready to quit. I am having TERRIBLE pain durning and inbetween feedings. (The cracks and bleeding are back too). I spend hours online trying to figure out what is going on with me. Obviously it is not normal. Currently I am on medication to treat vascospasms. Dr. said if that is the problem, then the medication should help by Tuesday. If no improvement by then, we will treat it was thrush (even though baby has no signs of it). After that-I quit. It is making my life a painful blur.
I have tried all of your wonderful suggestions! They did help!
Saturday, June 14, 2008
"Two steps foward, two steps back"
Posted by
Ani
at
9:45 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
I'm so sorry that it's going like this. I'm glad you were able to utilize the hooter hider. I didn't have anything like that with Ava and I almost can't wait to nurse this little one because it's going to be SO much easier.
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! Good luck!
I hope you are able to keep nursing. The longer you can the better. Have you tried calling La Leche? Good luck. You have to take care of yourself too. Sounds like you are giving it your all and that is all you can do. By the way your baby is DARLING.
Ani, do you think you might have milk blisters? Just a shot in the dark, but my sister and I both had babies who made clicking sounds while they nursed and we both developed milk blisters. It can make you have horrible pain during and between feedings. They just look like tiny white spots on your nip. If you think that might be it, you can read how to treat it on kellymom.
You can also send me an email and I'll let you know what worked for me, which was a little easier than what they list on kellymom. I hope that it gets better for you.
evieonederATyahooDOTcom
I know what it feels like to want to quit! I cried to my mom for the first 2 months and convinced myself I was going to be a professional pumper instead! Nursing was so hard for me that I never got that "special bond" people talked about. It's a ton better now (5 months later!!) Hooray for nursing in public! I'm not very good at it. At the mall I go into fitting rooms so I can spread out and not worry about being seen. I hope Kate gets used to the hooter hider--I haven't used it with Kyle very much (I rarely nurse in public) and now when I try he thinks it is a toy and tries to eat that instead! Ahh! Good luck, you make the best decision for yourself.
Oh man! I'm sorry to hear that! Good luck with everything!
Ani, do what is best for you! I never really had the pain issue, but I haven't really enjoyed it. It has been so stressful at times, b/c my milk is so sensative. I found myself losing it a lot when my milk supply was low. I still am nursing, but supplement with a bottle every night to give me a break. It really helped! If you really want to do the breast milk thing, just pump. Remember your sanity is important, and don't feel quilty if you stop. Really don't. Good luck, and I just love your little girl. She really is beautiful!
do what you got to girl! you want to have fond memories when you think back to those first few months with your daughter, and if this is ruining that, than do whatever you feel is right. make it as long as you can go b/c any nursing is better than no nursing, and maybe try again next kid around. but just know that you being a great mom is NOT based on how well you can nurse. sorry it's been so rotten for you! good luck with everything and keep those cute pics of kate coming (everyone knows it's the cuteness of your child that determines whether you're a good mom or not! haha)
I think I will have the same problem breast feeding in public. I'm so sorry you're having such a painful time with it. I'm sorry I don't have any words of advice.
Post a Comment