Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Lots of firsts

Sorry I have been slacking! We have been a little busy over here.

Kate's first time...

meeting her cousin Carter
(who is 5 weeks older! He is going to be a big boy! I love him!)

finding her tumb
going to the beach
(little windy so she didn't get to come out of the stroller, but she is in there!)
going to her dad's soccer game
(they won!)
visiting the doctor
(she is a healthy baby!)
meeting her cousin Addison
(Addie loves her and kept saying "baby Kate!" )
having a bath
(she didn't like the first bath, but she has started to like them now!)

meeting her great grandma, Nana
meeting her Aunt Carly
(So fun to see Carly!!! She is in CA to help with the last minute preparations with her sister's wedding and was so nice to drive down to see me and Kate! I wish she lived closer)
meeting her Grandma Pam, Uncle Ryan and Aunt Michele
(some of Matt's family came this weekend from Sacramento to meet Kate. We had fun with them while they fell in love with Kate!)
She also had her first photoshoot! To see a sneak peak you can check them out here.

Things are still going really well. We kiss her a million times a day, we stare at her ALL day, and wonder what we did and thought about 2 weeks ago before we had her! She is STILL sleeping all night long. She is starting to be awake for longer periods of time during the day, but is happy during that time. I am SLOWLY but (hopefully) surely, healing up top, so life is getting better! We are obsessed.

10 comments:

Jamie said...

She's so cute. Andrew & I were just talking yesterday about how we need to come visit you sometime. When would be a good time?

Brooke Trogdon said...

Ani, those are great pics and I also looked at your photoshoot photos, those are precious. Congratulations again!

maryam said...

I need to come over and see you ASAP. I recognize the Dr's office-Dr. Teeple is it?

Breanne King said...

ANI! Sooo cute. Love it. I love the photoshoot pictures. Just precious. I'm coming in a couple days. I'm flying in Fri night, and I plan to come see you guys Sat. and I'm driving home with kelsie sunday. Can't wait! I'm rushing with HW so I can have a nice weekend and just hang out. I can't wait to meet Kate! And see you. And Mama B hopefully too!

Danica Osborn said...

love the professional pics...can't wait to see the others!

so is kate a thumb sucker? i love that pic especially the big bow. too cute.

i promise i won't give advice everytime i comment, and you said she's starting to likes baths more now anyway, so this is moot, but one trick i learned when claire was in the nicu for the first week, was that they'd wet a wash cloth in the bath water and drape that over the baby's body and rewet it every so often to keep the baby warm, since that's a big reason why babies don't like baths, 'cuz they're kind of cold during it since they're always used to being snuggly and swaddled. since then claire has always loved bath time. (and this is TMI, but "family showers" are the best, and claire would often fall asleep with the water cascading over her. ooooh, i miss that newborn stage!!!)

queenieweenie said...

I love all the pink! She is soooo pretty...of course! Can't wait to meet her in person.

Brooke Wilkins said...

Ani! She is soooooo cute! I love her!

g.lock said...

cute lil kiddo.

Anonymous said...

I miss her! It was so fun to see you guys! How is nursing coming along! I wish I loved closer too! Love you guys!

Unknown said...

YAAAY!! I think she is fabulous in all ways! So glad you're healing, too! She is too cute!!