Welp, today was the day that my little brother was to get his mission call! He called to say it arrived! Mom went into panic mode and in a quick 2 hours everyone was either watching him on the webcam, listening on the conference call (grandparents, friends, siblings, etc.), or there in person with him in Utah. Personally, I was busy babysitting, sick kids, and got them up from naps and dragged them over to the parents house to watch on the webcam. Not an easy task. So, we are ALL ready. Mom starts crying, all that stuff. He opens it and it says PROVO, UTAH! Oh my. No one said anything, for a while! Then laughing. Poor little Dave just keeps looking through the papers and keeps his smile on the while time. Then, after way-to-long, his super dumb roommate decides to let everyone know that he has just punk'd us all, including poor Dave. Needless to say, I think the only reason Nate didn't get killed was because I think everyone was really relieved. Maybe this will all be funny in a few years. Or perhaps tomorrow when the real deal arrives and it really says Provo! Check back tomorrow for the actual call. Any guesses?
Tuesday, April 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
Wow, that's hard core. Hope it's not Provo for reals. Post as soon as you find out, we'd love to hear!
that is sooo funny. My husband and I are laughing.
That is hilarious! What a good April fools! Let me know where your brother is going. I am so sorry I didn't call back, I got really sick again and I am trying to figure everything out. I miss you
Best April Fools joke...EVER!!!!
Ok that is pretty funny! It will be like when I have kids and they're bad and I will think its so funny I won't even be mad. But I can't wait to know where he's going...
Matt's roommate in college REALLY DID get called to Salt Lake. And Matt got called to Japan. Poor roommate.
that's a pretty good trick. As I was reading it, I thought David was in on the joke...ha. I can't believe he is already going on a mission!
Post a Comment