So, I have a deep innie belly button. Well... I did have a deep one. As of late, it is getting very,very shallow and I am nervous it might pop out any second. Will it happen?! Did it happen to you? I kinda feel like my belly button is one of these, and it is just a matter of time before it pops out:
Haven't I gone through enough already? I have gained 30+ glorious pounds, gained a few lovely stretch marks on the love handles, I constantly have heartburn, I am pretty sure I have a broken rib (at least it is REALLY bruised), I pee pee my pants at least once a day, have a bad case of RLS every night, etc. You get the point. So, it is necessary that I get an outtie? I submit not. I already know I am really pregnant. I don't need ALL the signs. I also really love all strangers asking me with a sweet and sympathetic smile on their faces, "How much longer? You look about ready!?" Nope. Not yet. Waiting for my belly button to pop out to let me know is done cookin'.
When did it happen to you?!
Tuesday, April 15, 2008
Posted by
Ani
at
10:39 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


14 comments:
I never got an outie. As for heartburn-have you tried putting a lid full of apple cider vinegar in with about 8 oz of water and then drinking it? It does not taste too great, but works like a charm.
I love your belly! I saw beach pictures! I cant wait to see the baby!
My belly button never popped ALL the way out. It sort of just flatened. But at the very, very end (like 38 weeks ish) I remember that I could see where my belly button was through my shirts. It was very exciting. Can you sense the sarcasm there?
At least you will get the most wonderful prize when it is all over and all your pregnancy suffering will be worth it!
I never got an outtie, but it just got flat it was like I had no belly button at all, really weird!
oh how fun it is to be pregnant :) i know how you feel! the second you are not, you are in heaven. at least i was. i have an innie too and it never popped, it just flatened out. there's hope my dear, just plug along. hopefully you skip the whole water weight gain thing at the end - that's what killed me off! however losing 23 lbs in one week feels pretty amazing. ha!
Ani I am sooo in love with you and love how often you do updates! It makes me feel like I am getting to talk to you every day! I am glad to hear some good reviews about the Dr. Laura book and am excited about the 5 love languages one as well :) I graduate in 16 days and will need some good literature to occupy my nights while Adam is doing homework!
Having never been pregnant, I don't have much advice to offer by way of innies becoming outies...but I have faith you will remain and innie...or at least a flatty :)
i have a bottomless-pit innie normally but around 7 1/2-8 mos. the belly button flattened and then last month it popped. before that point i had kind of liked wearing kind of tighter shirts, but as soon as it popped, i thought it was so nasty that i tried to wear things looser. my sis-in-law's just went flat, and she always wanted it to pop, so just think, you're the envy of a small percentage of girls. the belly button goes back to normal, so fear not. and i hear the heartburn can be a sign of the baby having a full head of hair, so that'd be worth it! (p.s., by RLS, do you mean the most horrific charlie horses in your leg?)
Mine never popped either! So weird that no one on this post really did because you see so many outies walking around.
I agree with Megan... don't worry about the weight gain (especially w/ your first.) I was 185 (that's right...15 pounds away from 200) when I delivered and at my 1 week check-up I was down to 163. It's those last 20 pounds that are really stubborn.
Good luck... and I totally had the rib thing too... it's the pits. Hang in there!
my sister had RLS and she got some medicine for it-- you should ask your doctor. i hear it's pretty common in pregnancies. he'll prescribe you something real nice i'm sure. don't worry ani, all of this business is going to be SO worth it. and then you won't even remember that you had a temporary outtie button.
yup!! I too have a DEEP inny- (cuz the extra padding around my mid section ;) MINE popped! :) It was very surreal for me who has been an inny all my life!
Mine never popped. I totally thought it would, and Aaron and I even bet on when it would happen. It never did, and I got HUGE!!! So it might not happen. Hang in there...it's just a little longer.
ani the turkey picture is a little too funny!! every single time i read something on your blog i say to myself "yep can relate" or "wow, so much to look forward too!" hope all is going well with you and baby!
Ani holy cow it's been a long time. Congratulations on getting married and pregnant!
NEVER popped. Nope, all four times! Although I do have my share of stretch marks and seriously FUBAR'd fat and skin. Oh, the joys of motherhood.
Post a Comment