Thursday, September 9, 2010

Out of the Mouth of my Babe:


I said, "Kate, you are amazing!"
She said, "Yes! I am."

Me: "If you could have one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?"
Her: "A BIGGGGG milk."

While I was talking to Kate about being a big sister she said,
"I am growing up!" and then tried to make herself look bigger in her car seat.

Kate kept staring at me while we were in the shower and she finally said,
"Mommy, you are beautiful!" Just what I needed to hear!


Kate interrupted Matt's prayer to make sure he expressed our thanks for the
"Pink sprinkle doughnut!" she had for breakfast.

Kate was turned around in her seat playing with the little boy behind us in church, when we heard her say:
"Don't touch my nails! They are really pretty!"
Kate was playing with a little girl at the beach club. The girls mom was sitting in the water with them, and I saw Kate staring at the ladies nose ring.
Then she asked her, "Got a shiny booger?!"

I was sitting next to Kate on the couch while she was watching cartoons. She was reallly into the cartoon, and not talking much. I sneezed, and said, "Excuse me!" and then about 20 seconds later, she patted my stomach and said, "You are excused." Her eyes never left the TV.


Kate is OBSESSED with lipstick/ lip gloss. She has some pink sparkly Tinkerbell lip gloss she carried everywhere she goes. She reapplies about every 30 seconds. Yesterday I looked back into the review mirror and it was literally dripping off her lips. I said, "Kate! That is too much!" and she responded, "Mommy! It is ok! I like it like that!"

Matt usually leaves for work before Kate is awake. This morning she was up early, so he went in to get her, but told he he had to leave for work. She said, "No Daddy!! You stay home. Mommy, you go work!" Ouch.

Compiled over the past 5 days.

2 comments:

Megan and Mike said...

She is seriously so adorable and so dang funny! I can't wait for she and Max to meet and play. Miss you guys.

J & J said...

i laughed out loud at the "you are excused" comment. kate gets cuter every day.