Just got home from the beach. I am still replaying a few interactions in my head, and in totally awe.
We were at "Baby Beach", and let me tell you, there were tons of little babies there. It was great. But Kate decided to go check out the toys of the people next to us. Well, she got within about 2 feet of a perfectly sand-less towel, when some lady stands up, and puts her hand out, and starts freaking out! "Don't get on my towel! Don't get sand on my towel! STOP STOP" And she acts like she is about to push Kate away from her towel. OH NO SHE DIDN'T! Seriously lady? All I have to say is she is lucky she didn't touch my baby, or all those babies would have gotten a good show today.
About 5 minutes later, Kate is playing in a little puddle with a boy, and I looked away for a minute, and when I looked back at Kate, she had tons of sand on her head and on her face. I figured she did it herself, and thought it was funny. THEN, the little boy, (probably like 3), throws a huge handful of super wet sand right at her face. I looked at the boys dad, (or maybe it was his grandpa) who was standing right next to me, and he doesn't even react. I didn't say anything, but the kid keeps chucking sand at Kate. Finially I said, "Oh honey, don't through sand please!" And then he proceeds to chuck more at her! Honestly? The man just stood there watching! So strange. I scooped her up and said, "Looks like we need to play somewhere else"!
Then there are the mothers that get all bent out of shape with your baby plays with their baby's toys. Don't even get me started.
I am so glad I am not that kinda mom.
Thursday, September 24, 2009
That kinda Mom
Posted by
Ani
at
2:19 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
i have a confession. other people and their kids REALLY bother me sometimes. i've been concocting a whole post about my disdain for other peoples' obnoxious kids (who are a direct representation of their piss poor parents)for a while now, but worry that everyone in my ward will be afraid to ever ask me to help out with their kids if i let loose. i'm glad you're not one of those moms too!!!
Ew. I cannot believe that dad did nothing about a three year old boy throwing sand in a baby girl's face. It is bad in that moment, and so much worse in the grand scheme of things.
And seriously? Who cares about sand toys? I have been known to "accidentally" leave toys like that behind - I mean, who cares? Isn't it more important to teach your kids to share and get along with others?
Sheesh!
Which baby beach is this? I'm intrigued and need to go immediately.
That sounded like it was supposed to be sarcastic because of your horror stories, but I really am interested. I need somewhere kid-friendly. :)
house pics?!?!
Post a Comment