I got my new bike! (I feel like I am 7 again.) We got a little seat for Kate, a helmet that matched the bike (of course), and off we went! (But not before Matt had to WD40 the chain, that is a new-bike tradition I learned.)
Kate HATED the helmet. She was just screaming and crying, and pulling at it like crazy. We were just doing a little test ride and she pulled it off and threw it and then was happy as a clam! She will tolerate it now, but holds on to it the whole time, and pushes it up so she can see.
Click to enlarge. Her face is awesome.I forgot that...
riding a bike without gears is not easy
your bum gets really sore
bugs fly into your eyes
and mostly...
I am really out of shape.
After our first ride. I was having serious buyers remorse at this point.
It was a fun weekend for Matt and I, but I think Kate was fed up with us by Sunday night.
We tried to get her to be a little more active, I mean, look at those thighs (they are amazing!).But in all honesty, this is what she loves most.
And of course her bottle.
But with only two scoops.
Not three.
ps. We rode our bikes to a park, and I was sitting on the bench watching Matt push Kate on the swing, and I just started laughing...it seems like yesterday he was romancing me on the beaches of Hawaii, and now we are that family who takes bike rides and goes to the park on Saturdays. I LOVE IT.
Monday, March 2, 2009
Weekend Report
Posted by
Ani
at
11:16 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Wow, 2 scoops huh... it's got to be tough to be on a baby diet? ;)
Emory gets 4 scoops twice a day and 2 scoops in the morning...
That bike looks fun!! I can't believe your dr. said something about Kate's weight. Kyle is huge and I've only once had a dr. tell me to cut down on some of the bottles..but only to replace it with solid food.
Ani! I just got a bike too. We should go on a bike ride while the boys are at work! And hello miss creative. Teach me how to sew some pillows! Looks like fun!
She is making the cutest face! How fun that your little family rides bikes and goes to the park together! I can't wait for that! :o)
Post a Comment