Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The Real Us...

I have been looking forward to daylight savings since we "fell backwards" in the fall. Yuck. I hate when it gets dark early. Anyway, Sunday morning Matt and I wake up at 7:30 and I said, "I think we will finally be on time to church!" (We are the family that ALWAYS walks in 5-10 minutes late).
So we laid there for a minute then I asked, "Did the DLS start last night, or tonight?" Matt jumped up in a panic. Dangit. So, we were about an hour late for church because it was really 8:30 (church is at 9) and mostly because we woke up looking like this:

Check out the volume on the right side. I managed to get it straight, but couldn't control the poof. Sometimes you just have to roll with it.

Kate's hair was not fixable either. It was so tall!

Thinking this should be our next Christmas card. What a beautiful family we have!

But at least we didn't smell like bonfire.

Lessons learned.
Don't go to bed with wet hair.
Take a picture if you do.
Set your clocks the night before.

2 hours of church was amazing I must admit.

4 comments:

We Are Three said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Justin, Heather Lea and Atticus Zweig said...

cutest family under the sun.

Tim and Jennifer said...

Kate looks hilarious in that second to last one! I should do this sometime...I have the best "went to bed with wet hair" bed head.

Danica Osborn said...

haha! that made me laugh out loud. very big of you to laugh at yourself. what's even funnier, i was actually just thinking about doing a tag like this, where i show my sweet morning 'du and crazy eyes and then make someone else do it to, and so on...i think we only post our best selves on our blogs, and i thought it might add a touch of real life. so, i'm inspired. i'm going to consider myself tagged, and i'm going to pass it on! thanks for inspiration.

your sat. looks awesome! kate is the cutest little girl and always dressed darling. love her!