Sunday, January 4, 2009

True Love: Real Life and Still So good- Ani's Version


I left Hawaii crying. I did not want to this fairytale to end. Because, in all honesty, it was a fairytale, and I wasn’t sure it would hold up outside of the magical island I had fallen in love on. There was real life back home. School, work, responsibilities. No ocean. No warm sand. Just a mountain marked with a Y and snow. Surely things would be different in Provo. I was scared

Matt came a to California 10 days later. He met my family and he liked them. They liked him. Things still felt the same. But we were still on “vacation” and there was an ocean. But, he made the trek through the dessert to Utah with me. He impressed me with his patience and optimism, not to mention manly skills, when we had a flat in the middle of Nevada. I was taking note of these real life situations, and he was the same as he was in our fairytale. Consistently perfect for me.


Believe it or not, even with the mountains and snow as our new backdrop, I was still madly, deeply, falling in love with him. He staid in Utah for a week, got me settled in my new place, drove me to my first day of new classes, and met my friends. The morning he left to go back to Hawaii I told him I loved him. He told me he loved me too. And told me he had never told anyone that before. Ah!

I cried all the way home from the airport. I was miserable with out him. We talked constantly on the phone. We learned so much about each other from those countless late night hours on the phone. We fell more and more in love with each other. He came out and visited a few more times, and then made the big move. He took a leap of faith.

2 comments:

Michelle Michel said...

I have to admit...reading your "love" story is so fun! You two are so adorable! real life love stories are the best!

Sandi said...

I love your story too.

I have no idea how you got deleted from my blog roll, but I was driving Hunter to school today and thought, my hell it's been along time since Ani has blogged. So I came home and was surprised you had been blogging and I wasn't seeing it.

I am back and reading away!