We had a reporter over here last night, and he asked us to describe Ruby's personality. The one word that sums up this little baby is sweet. She is just the sweetest little thing you ever met. She is going through so much, and still just looks up at me like I am her whole world. I love her so much I am amazed I don't burst.
She woke up this morning very swollen and full of fluid. She laid on one side the whole night, and now that eye is swollen shut. The poor girl. She looks so miserable. I was trying so hard to get a little smile out of her, and sure enough after making a fool of myself, she gave me a quick little smirk. It just broke my heart to see her smiling through her discomfort. She really is the sweetest.
We had an appointment yesterday. Things are progressing quickly. We thought we had months, but it looks as if she will be needing a shiny new liver with in days to weeks now. She score has increased significantly over the past two weeks. She said we are just tinkering on the line right now of staying at home, or being admitted. Once she is admitted, most likely she will need to stay until transplant.
Please pray for her to remain stable enough to stay home where she belongs. Please pray for her comfort. Please for our strength to increase. Please pray for our family, we sure could use it right now.
image by: brynn alyson photography
**update: dr just called and based off of yesterday's labs, she wants her to be admitted. so, off we go.
She woke up this morning very swollen and full of fluid. She laid on one side the whole night, and now that eye is swollen shut. The poor girl. She looks so miserable. I was trying so hard to get a little smile out of her, and sure enough after making a fool of myself, she gave me a quick little smirk. It just broke my heart to see her smiling through her discomfort. She really is the sweetest.
We had an appointment yesterday. Things are progressing quickly. We thought we had months, but it looks as if she will be needing a shiny new liver with in days to weeks now. She score has increased significantly over the past two weeks. She said we are just tinkering on the line right now of staying at home, or being admitted. Once she is admitted, most likely she will need to stay until transplant.
Please pray for her to remain stable enough to stay home where she belongs. Please pray for her comfort. Please for our strength to increase. Please pray for our family, we sure could use it right now.
image by: brynn alyson photography
**update: dr just called and based off of yesterday's labs, she wants her to be admitted. so, off we go.



32 comments:
Will do, blog friend.
We will pray for sweet Ruby. I think about her constantly.
Oh Ani! I just want to give you a big hug!! She really is so cute! I'm sorry you can't stay home longer to soak up a little more time with your sweet little family. We love you and are praying for you. And that her shiny new liver comes SOON!! Remember we are here to help you if you need anything!!
Beautiful baby girl... prayers coming from Connecticut, hoping you'll receive that miracle donor immediately.
She really is such a sweetheart. We are praying round the clock for little Rubs. xo.
Ani, I have no clue how I landed on your blog, but I have been reading for a few weeks now.... I say prayers for you all each time I read, and this time it was thru tears. Complete strangers feel your pain with you. She's going to be alright, and get that liver soon. Bless her beautiful and sweet heart.... squeezing out that smile just for her mama. There is no love stronger. I will pray again for each thing you asked us to. And each time you look out that hospital window at those people down below living their lives, clueless at what you're going thru up there.... There are just as many people who are feeling that pain with you, feeling the words you type, wishing with all our might for it to change. Just had to tell you....(and I NEVER comment on stranger's blogs! I'm normal I promise!). Strength to you tonight.....
I love that SWEET little girl, too. I can't wait to see her healthy, happy and smiling all the time. I can't wait to see her without her little brow furrowed- she always looks so worried. I know it will be SO soon. We are all thinking of and praying for her, every single day. XOXO
Thoughts and prayers are with you....and, of course, your sweet little blessing. -Eve
I want to give each of you and GIANT hug right now! My thoughts, prayers and love are with you all...especially sweet little Ruby Jane!! Praying that that shiny new liver comes quick!!
We love you Taylor family. You are in our prayers. We love LOVE Ruby Jane!
I came her via J&J and I'm praying for Ruby. I believe in prayer too. I'll fast for her this Sunday too. All our love, faith, and prayers are being sent your way.
Prayers to you all
Prayers are very powerful as we all know. Bless Ruby Jane and your family through this time. I know you will get the strength to get through this. You have a lot of people pulling for you all. Ruby Jane sounds like one powerful little girl. Beautiful pictures.
found you through jenna vela. i will be praying for your sweet, beautiful baby.
ani. i found your blog again a few weeks ago (i used to peek in before you went private)
i cannot stop thinking of your baby girl. i am heartbroken she is in so much pain.
just this morning i sat my girls down and had my 2.5 year old say a prayer for sweet ruby.
prayer is real and heavenly father does listen.
hang in there.
wow. this was rough... just reading about baby Ruby. I am so sorry Ani and Matt. We love you guys and pray for your sweet family A LOT!
not sure how I found your blog, but I have had fun reading about your sweet girls and now can't stop following Ruby's story. one of my daughters (who is now 6 months old) had her 3rd (and hopefully last) surgery last month, so although I can't imagine what your family is going through, I know to a small degree the loneliness, fear, and frustration that come with having a peanut in the hospital. please know there is a family in Indiana that cares about yours and will be praying for little Ruby!
Hello there, I'm here via Sandi's blog. Just wanted you to know that you have another stranger thinking, praying, and hoping with all her might that your prescious (and OMG SO GORGEOUS!!!) little baby girl gets better. Hugs to you.
JC in MN
I found your blog through another one I read and I just want you to know that for the past few weeks your sweet Ruby and your family have been in my prayers every single day. I am so sorry things are are so hard right now. I know that the power of prayer is real and that she has angels round about her and so do you. Wishing you guys the very best.
Holding you all closely in my heart.
Here visiting from Sandi's blog and she was not exaggerating when she said Ruby was a beautiful little lady. I know the waiting for a donor and the endless days sitting by a hospital crib totally suck so I am sending you some big hugs even though you don't know me. {{HUGS}} Now I am off to the site to see if I could be a match (I am type A). Wishing you the best of luck finding your donor quickly so you can get on with a normal healthy life with little Ruby!!!
You have my prayers.
Sending good thoughts and prayers your way. God bless little Ruby and the family!
thinking and praying for you and Ruby. Positive energy coming your way!
My thoughts and prayers are with you! May God Bless Ruby and all of you.
Take care,
Pam
:( I'm sorry. I love reading your blog. I pray for your family. I have also informed people of your situation, more prayers are coming your way! Also, I called the Red Cross to find out my blood time, because if I was a candidate, why not? I am B+. I'm sorry for your struggles, I pray for your baby Ruby Jane & your family that a liver will be found soon for you!
I'm here from Sandi's blog. I want you to know that I am praying for your beautiful family, and extra special prayers for precious Ruby Jane.
Holding you all very close in my heart, and especially your precious Ruby Jane.
(here via Sandi)
ani, you and your family and sweet little ruby are constantly in my thoughts and prayers. i feel weird saying that since i don't know you, but prayer is prayer, right? my hear breaks for your family and for that sweet baby of yours. she is the cutest thing ever and i wish so badly for you guys to have everything perfect and for ruby to be better. i wish i could say something more encouraging, but i am praying for you and know everything is going to work out for you guys!
Praying for you all and especially that beautiful, special baby.
I'm not sure that you would remember me but I am friends with Megan and Mike. Just want you to know that Ruby is in mine and my family's prayers and we think about you and what you are going through often. She is a beautiful little baby and I can see the sweetness from all the pictures. You are a great example to me and it is apparent to many others as well. Take care.
Carli Turley
Post a Comment