Thursday, June 2, 2011

Miss Popular


Today Ruby and I went on a big adventure! It took a little bit of planning, but we did it! I had to make sure all the IV pumps were charged up, that nothing needed to be done while we were gone, I put her in the sling, off we went with her IV pole.

Every girl needs to sunbathe right? We made the big trek downstairs, and out to the patio. It felt so good to be out in the fresh air, and the sunshine. Ruby loved it. She got lots and lots of attention from everyone walking by. I forgot to charge one of the pumps, and it started alarming, so time got cut short. It was almost getting comical how many people kept stopping us to talk to Ruby. The alarm kept going off, so I had to avoid eye contact and just keep walking just to get back to our room!

We both get stir crazy sitting in the room, so we take laps around the floor every couple hours. All the nurses know and love Miss Ruby, and we have made friends with many of the patients too. It sure makes the time go by faster when we get to socialize!

Ruby is doing really well today. We had a longggg fussy night, but she is all smiles today. There is some talk that we MIGHT get to go home tomorrow. She is still on an antibiotic that needs to be given through her PICC line, but I have been trying to convince then that I am more than capable to handle that at home. Keep your fingers crossed! If not, then looks like we are here for at least another week.

4 comments:

allegra said...

I don't even know how I stumbled upon this blog?! But it was meant to be. I've spent the past hour sobbing at my computer screen! I have a Ruby too and this just breaks my heart. I want you to know that even though I'm a complete stranger no-body, I will pray for you guys tons and constantly think about your sweet baby girl. (who is beautiful by the way!) I don't have the right words to say, so I won't even try, but just wanted you to know you'll at least have another girl rooting for sweet baby Rubes!!!

xoxo

J & J said...

I love ruby. Look how perfect she is.

Sandi said...

Crossing my fingers you can hightail it out of that place!! There is NOTHING like going home!

Kalei said...

I have heard about your sweet baby girl from your cousin maile. Your baby is so precious, and ever since I've heard about what she's been going through she has been in my prayers. I know that I am a total stranger too, but I want you to know that she is being prayed for. You are so courageous! I have a little baby that's a little bit-sick too, he will have surgery in a couple of weeks on his spine. Just wanted to let you know that you are always in my thoughts and prayers!