I know for a fact that Ruby was sent to our family for a reason.
I love that little girl more than any words even dare express.
She is special. She is loved. She is a fighter. I am so privileged to be her mother.
Often times I lay here on my "bed" (couch) at the hospital, and look up into the sky. It is hard to turn of my mind when I am all alone here. One night as I was thinking about my sweet girl, I got the strongest feeling of peace and of confirmation, that I was doing what I was meant to do, and Ruby was meant to be my daughter. It was exactly what I needed in that moment of feeling inadequate.
Ruby has blessed our family beyond measure, in the short 5 (almost 6!) months she has been part of our lives. She instantly brightened our home with her tender spirit, and her sweet smile. She has given us the blessing of serving her. She has brought us closer to our families and friends. She literally, has drawn thousands to prayer, on her behalf. She has increased our faith and understanding of His plan. She has increased our love of our Heavenly Father and Savior, Jesus Christ. Ruby has made clear, what is most important in this life. She is only 5 months old, and she is my hero.
Matt asked very special blessing at the beginning of this trial, that Ruby and I would form a very close and special bond. That has truly come about. I am so thankful, everyday, that Ruby was so carefully placed in our family, and that I was chosen to be her mother.
I love my Ruby Jane.
The first time I heard this song by Mindy Glendhill, it instantly became "my song" for Ruby, and I sing it to her often.
I love that little girl more than any words even dare express.
She is special. She is loved. She is a fighter. I am so privileged to be her mother.
Often times I lay here on my "bed" (couch) at the hospital, and look up into the sky. It is hard to turn of my mind when I am all alone here. One night as I was thinking about my sweet girl, I got the strongest feeling of peace and of confirmation, that I was doing what I was meant to do, and Ruby was meant to be my daughter. It was exactly what I needed in that moment of feeling inadequate.
Ruby has blessed our family beyond measure, in the short 5 (almost 6!) months she has been part of our lives. She instantly brightened our home with her tender spirit, and her sweet smile. She has given us the blessing of serving her. She has brought us closer to our families and friends. She literally, has drawn thousands to prayer, on her behalf. She has increased our faith and understanding of His plan. She has increased our love of our Heavenly Father and Savior, Jesus Christ. Ruby has made clear, what is most important in this life. She is only 5 months old, and she is my hero.
Matt asked very special blessing at the beginning of this trial, that Ruby and I would form a very close and special bond. That has truly come about. I am so thankful, everyday, that Ruby was so carefully placed in our family, and that I was chosen to be her mother.
I love my Ruby Jane.
The first time I heard this song by Mindy Glendhill, it instantly became "my song" for Ruby, and I sing it to her often.
I don't mind your odd behavior
It's the very thing I love
If you were an ice cream flavor
You would be my favorite one
My imagination sees you
Like a painting by Van Gogh
Starry nights and bright sunflowers
Follow you where you may go
Oh, I've loved you from the start
In every single way
And more each passing day
You are brighter than the stars
Believe me when I say
It's not about your scars
It's all about your heart
You're a butterfly held captive
Small and safe in your cocoon
Go on you can take your time
Time is said to heal all wounds
Chorus
Like a lock without a key
Like a mystery without a clue
There is no me if I cannot have you
Chorus



20 comments:
I love you.
Signed up to be a donor this past weekend with you and your family in mind. Think about you every day! Fasting and praying again this wknd for your family!
I love you Ani! You are my hero!
I love this.
I was sent here by Sandi. I have just read this one post, but I am so touched already. I will pray for Ruby, and for you to keep strength. {{Hugs}} from a stranger.
This is such a beautiful expression of the love you have for your little Ruby and the absolute knowledge you have that she was sent to your family for a precious reason. It made me sob! My prayers, thoughts, love, and heart are with sweet Ruby. I love you, Ani.
Prayers for you and your family coming all the way from San Jose, CA..you are not alone. ((hugs))
Hello Ani and family. I am one of Sandi's readers wanting to let you know that we are praying for all of you. Much love and hope.
My thoughts and prayers are going out to you and your family, especially that little sweetheart Ruby Jane. Positive vibes are being sent your way!
Praying for your family.
Thinking of and praying for you all.
Oh! She is so beautiful! What a sweet, sweet baby girl.
I am praying for her. I will put her name on our church's prayer list tomorrow morning. I will also put her name on the Fire Fighters for Christ prayer list - that goes out to all the fire fighters internationally (so fire fighters all over the world will be praying for her, too!)
Ruby is lucky to have you as her mom! Prayers and love coming from the Harris family!!!
Thinking of you constantly.
Praying for you and your BEAUTIFUL family. Ruby is breathtaking as well as Kate. Hoping and praying that a donor is found ASAP. xoxo
This is just so beautiful... your family is beautiful. Thank you for sharing and giving a reminder...
Dear Ani,
I don't know you, you don't know me. I have multiple friends and aquaintances that know you though. It is through them that I have become aware of your situation. You and I are of the same faith. I want you to know that your family was in my fasting and prayers today. In Mosiah 18:9 it talks of Christ's people who are willing to mourn with those that mourn, and comfort those who stand in need of comfort. I don't know you but feel so much compassion towards you. I am thankful for those feelings because I know that they come from an ever loving and compassionate God. I also have 2 girls, my youngest is just about 6 months older than your Ruby. My heart hurts for you as a mother, having to see your sweet baby go through the things that she has. I want to pray and wish you comfort and strength during this time. I pray that you find a donor soon.
-Teryn
I don't know you, you don't know me... but we know the same God. And we both have little girls with health issues. I prayed and fasted for sweet Ruby today and for your family. May God bless you all!
i am praying for you guys and hope you find a donor soon. This post made me cry! You are amazing. Ruby is amazing! You're all incredible and you're in my thoughts even though I don't know you guys. Wishing you the best.
I came across this blog far too late to be of help to your family but the story of baby Ruby and many of the babies with various diseases has inspired me to volunteer my time to doing what I can to be a support system to moms in their time of need. Thank you Ani and Matt for sharing your story. Thank you so much. I appreciate you and thank God for this blessing.
Post a Comment