Friday, June 18, 2010

Like Mother like Daughter


It might be one of my earliest memories.
I was three, maybe four and my "Deedee had to be washed. Traumatic I tell you! I remember most of the time, I couldn't even wait for it to dry completely, my mom would give in, and off I was with a damp pink blanket held to me nose, and my thumb in my mouth.
Heaven, I tell you. I can still remember that smell.

Now I am the mean mommy who takes away the blanket to be washed!
It makes me giggle just thinking about that! Kate hates when she has to depart from the little silky square called "Bobo". Sometimes we have to check in on "Bobo" while in the washer. Kate thinks it is so funny to see "Bobo" spinning around so fast.
And just for the record, Kate has been known to break me down, and off she goes with damp blanket.

4 comments:

Lemme said...

that's way cute!

Ashley Dickman said...

I can't get over how much little Kate and Emory remind me of each other... we spend our own time at the washing machine too! :)

abbie said...

i can relate. i even have 2 now since we cut our precious blankie in half recently to preserve it's life. but sometimes, after being dragged through a million stores, the park, etc., i just have to wash it. so gross. so sometimes that means it gets an early exit from the dryer for bedtime...aka soggy blankie in bed.

Danica Osborn said...

claire's got her sweetie--a mangey blankie bunny--that she adores and used to go into mourning when i'd have to wash it...it's getting better, especially now that we call it "sweetie's bath time".