Sunday, August 5, 2012

Day One: Talk about Organ Donation

Last year, exactly a year ago, on August 5th, we were celebrating Ruby's 7 Month Birthday.


We decided to celebrate by encouraging friend and family, to register as an Organ Donor in her honor. We had a goal of 200, and by the end of that day, it was more than double that. Look over to the right sidebar of my blog to see the current number. Currently 2494! (I those are just the people who have clicked on our poll. I know there are lots and lots more!)




It was also the day that she started to really make a turn for the worse, and was moved to the PICU to wait for her live saving gift.


One donor can save the life of 8 people, and help 50 other. I am so proud of my Ruby girl, and the people she touched, and continues to touch even still. 

I am a lucky mama to have her as a daughter.

Please talk about Organ Donation with your family today. It is such an important choice, and one that should be talked about as a family. 

If you would be willing to accept (an organ), are you also willing to give?

If you are from California, register here: http://register.donatelifecalifornia.org/RubyJaneTaylor
Out of state: www.donatelife.net 


 

4 comments:

Kendall said...

Confession: I've always been scared to be an organ donor... Isn't that awful...?!? Anyway, I've followed your sweet little loves story for about a year now and after reading your most recent post I decided I needed to do it.. I was SO compelled to just do it...So, I did... Not looking for a pat on the back ;) Just wanted you to know that you and your family have inspired me to do what I know now to be the right thing.. Sending hugs from San Diego

Anonymous said...

I happened upon your blog last year. Your sweet daughter inspired me to become an organ donor. I teach high school and have shared my decision to be an organ donor with my students.

Trinity said...

I just have to say that I did not even know about this post until now. However, just a few days ago I spoke of how your blog inspired me to be an organ donor. I hope to share Ruby's story and inspire others with her courage.

Becca said...

Hi my name is Becca and I randomly came across your blog while poking around on the internet one day. With tears in my eyes I read over and over again the story of your beautiful baby Ruby who went to Heaven on my birthday last year, and this year as a gift to her memory and many others, I officially signed up to be a donor. Thank you for this opportunity, and I will be thinking of your family and praying for you while I celebrate 26 years of life, and you celebrate 1 year of immeasurable loss and triumph.