Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Day Four- Enjoy a "Ruby Sunset"


I get that homesick feeling every time I watch a sunset. Actually, in the evenings, when baths, and jammies should be happening for two girls, I always get that lonely feeling. When the sunset is extra beautiful we always call it a "Ruby Sunset". Kate will always tell us that Ruby sent it to us. I think she is right. It is hard to feel sorrow, when there is such beauty. It is a constant reminder that Heaven must be near.

4 comments:

The Locklins said...

I am certain your sweet Ruby is sending you those Ruby Sunsets. What a sweet girl your Kate is. Sending you prayers this week, hope they help when those lonely times are there.

Trinity said...

I have not cried in a while since reading your blog. However, I am sobbing now. Not exactly from saddness, but I feel such love for your little girl and I do not even know her. She has inspired me to be a better mother and to not take life so seriously and just enjoy the moments I am here with my family. I feel a tinge of saddness because I had no idea last year on August 12th that your family was experiencing such a great loss. I was celebrating my 7th wedding anniversary. However, in the last year I have come to love your sweet blog and Ruby. I have shared her story numerous times and will continue to share it in her honor. I am beyond words when it comes to the comfort of knowing that you are an eternal family. That is something that I struggle with since my husband decided he did not want to be apart of the church and did not believe. He believes we will be a forever family no matter what. Oh how I hope, I do all that I can to ensure that we too will never have to part and that my kids no and understand the plan of salvation. Thank you again for sharing your story and tonight when I watch the sunset I will think of your little Ruby Jane.

Kendall said...

I know last night was the Ruby Sunset night, but did you see the sunset tonight?!?! GORGEOUS!!! That girl is sending you SO much love, I just know it!!

Anonymous said...

We saw one of these on the way home last night with our family in TX. I told my 5 year old that it was a Ruby sunset after a sweet girl named Ruby. My husband and I are also happy to be registered as organ donators after reading her story a few months ago.