If I could use one word to sum up my day, it would be diarrhea.
Enough said? Probably.
Saturday Kate ate handful after handful of sand at the beach. We tried to stop her, and finally gave up. We are paying big time.
Diarrhea+sand=knarly diaper rash.
It is RAW. Almost bleeding raw.
Sister has given me the tips:
Blow dry after each changing, Desitin, go diaper-less, don't use wipes, and stay on top of it.
Did I miss anything Dani?
So far I have changed her clothes 3 times. Changed her bedding. I just finished cleaning up the "mess" on the carpet. I smell like something nasty found at bottom of the diaper pail. And I am sure the list will get longer as the day goes on.
Save me.
Good things she is cute!
Enough said? Probably.
Saturday Kate ate handful after handful of sand at the beach. We tried to stop her, and finally gave up. We are paying big time.
Diarrhea+sand=knarly diaper rash.
It is RAW. Almost bleeding raw.
Sister has given me the tips:
Blow dry after each changing, Desitin, go diaper-less, don't use wipes, and stay on top of it.
Did I miss anything Dani?
So far I have changed her clothes 3 times. Changed her bedding. I just finished cleaning up the "mess" on the carpet. I smell like something nasty found at bottom of the diaper pail. And I am sure the list will get longer as the day goes on.
Save me.
Good things she is cute!


5 comments:
yikes! What does one do with a blow dryer?
Oh friend. been there. done that. Carter is my worst sand eater by far. THANKFULLY now that he is a strong walker, he is less interested in eating sand and finds chasing seagulls more amusing. SO, although it makes for a less relaxing time at the beach (spent chasing him around), the end result is a lot more pleasant.
Good luck my friend.
P.S. I am a fan of Butt Paste. It works wonders over here. I put about a gallon of it on the diaper and then use the diaper to rub it around, so it doesn't get all under your fingernails (maybe you already know that trick... it took me a few years to figure that one out, so I thought I'd share)
I think you got it all. Hopefully she's rounded the corner. She looked awfully happy and adorable eating pickles and potatoes at the beach today!
just got over 2 1/2 weeks straight of diarrhea (though my babe's was due to giardia and had no sand attached). it almost was the end of me. good luck!
Koryn's gotten diaper rash so bad that it bled. I found using wet paper towels worked really well as wipes and eliminated all the screaming (due to no soap) :) Also, using Aquaphor helped it to clear up quickly. Desitin didn't do too much for her and the purple tube actually made it worse. I used Desitin creamy (blue tube) towards the end. Good luck!
Post a Comment