Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Just an ordinary Tuesday. HA!

Little lovey.
Rubes is not feeling so well today. Her white blood cell count is elevated, and she has been running a slight fever for the last few days.
Her Dr. thinks she has an infection from all the fluid in her belly, or possibly in her liver. Her liver and her spleen are both enlarged (more than usual for her.) They just preformed a procedure (that I got kicked out for) to get a sample of the fluid, to be sent to the lab for testing. We should know by tonight if that is where the infection is. They are also running a series of other tests.

Here is her very full tummy. If you look closely you can see her scar from her surgery in March. They did not sew her muscles together properly, so now she has a hernia there (lower left). It protrudes a lot when she has a lot of fluid or when she cries. They told me that will be repaired during transplant.

She slept pretty bad last night, and has been very fussy and just wanting to sleep all day. After a dose of Tylenol, she seemed to perk up a bit, and I got a few photos of her smiling!
They are going to restrict her fluids even more, down to 6 oz a day. So, mostly everything will be coming from her TPN. She will also be getting some more Lasix to help take off the fluid, and more Albumin as well.
I am off for my CT Scan in the building next door! Hoping everything looks good with my liver, so I can keep moving forward with the processes of becoming a donor for her.

7 comments:

The Coons Family said...

I have wanted to comment for awhile now, but wasn't sure what to say. Ruby is in our prayers and she is the sweetest little thing. I always love her headbands... Wshing you happy thoughts :)

I love D&C 121:7... Love you! I wish I lived closer so Kate could come over and play. :)

Katie said...

She is so very sweet. That little tummy breaks my heart. I hope she is better soon.

Anonymous said...

i am eating these posts up. i can't believe how strong you are. it is amazing. ruby is so stinkin cute! i can't get over it! her poor tummy is so sad, but i love that smiling picture of her. i feel like such a creeper when i comment on your blog. but i just think you guys are so fabulous! anyway, here's to your new normal!

Anonymous said...

Her little tummy breaks my heart, but I am so glad you posted these "unedited" pictures of Miss Ruby. She is beautiful either way. I admire your strength and determination, and the love you have for that little girl. You are a wonderful mother. We love you and pray for you daily. Xoxo

Tim and Jennifer said...

What a little trooper. She is so beautiful Ani, I can only imagine your heartache. You are in my prayers! That smile is a killer.

Megan and Mike said...

I love seeing her smiling face. She is so stinking cute. I'm so glad for the updates and we are continuing to pray for her (and you). You are such an amazing mom and I'm still not sure how you are doing it. Love you

Holly and Brad said...

Hi Ani! I'm sure you don't know me, and I can't remember if you were in the same ward as my husband at BYU but he used to run in the same circle as Carly and Liz. Anywho, I wanted to first tell you how beautiful your little family is. You make some super cute little girls! Gorgeous!! I also wanted to let you know that we are praying for your sweet little Ruby. I couldn't imagine going through that but always look up to women like you that Heavenly Father has trusted his choicest beings with. I can tell from the pictures that you are an amazing mother. How lucky your family is to have you. And lastly, I'm not sure if you make them but those headbands with the flowers that Miss Ruby is wearing in alot of the pictures are too die for! Do you have a store or anything (like on Etsy?) We are expecting our little girl in July and I seriously am in love with all of those headbands. Our hope and prayers are with you!

Sincerely,
Holly (and Brad) Lauritzen Family
hollylauritzen@swbell.net