Thursday, December 30, 2010

Me and my girl




Been trying to savor these last days with my girl. She knows something is about to change. She has been begging me to cuddle, non-stop. She wants me to hold her, non-stop. She wants to be touching me, non-stop. I am not complaining. I feel the same way she does. I know once this new little daughter comes, my attention will be a little more divided, so I am trying to eat her up. Today we had a low key, Mama and Kate, day. We watched cartoons, ate breakfast, walked around the lake, fed the ducks, went to the park, played beauty salon, and took a long bath.
I am so proud of Kate. She has done so well these past months with all the changes in her life. I know it must be hard to be two, having a new baby on the way, moving, potty training, getting a new room, and getting kicked out of the crib. But she is such a happy, smart, and pleasant little girl. I am so thankful for her. She has been my best little buddy for the past two and half years, and I think we are both a little sad our alone time is almost done, but I know we are both really excited to add a new little best friend to the mix.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys are so cute! Soon you will have two darling girls and double the fun. Are you in labor yet??

Lemme said...

Awe! She's so cute! That does seem like a lot for a 2 year old to handle...but it's preparing her to be the best big sister!