A few months before Ruby passed away, we
had these wristbands made for people who wanted to show their support
for her. It has become a little something more now. I love wearing my
wristband, and hope everyday that someone asks me about it, so I can
tell them about my girl. We send them to whoever would like one, for free. We only ask that you will consider becoming an Organ Donor, and
you take the steps to become one if you decide it is right for you. We
also ask that you share her story as often as you can. Ruby was here for
such a short time, and I know that she was meant to touch people, and
give them a different outlook on life. She may be gone, but she is still
touching anyone who hears her courageous story.
We chose Romans 12:12 which says, "Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing
instant in prayer;" For me, it was my motto while she was sick. It gave
me hope that maybe she would be healed, encouraged me to have patience
that the time would come for her transplant, and solidified my faith in
prayer, and that I was being heard. The scripture takes on a different
meaning to me now. I have a hope that I will be with Ruby again someday.
I am encouraged to be patient through this trial and until I am
reunited with her again, and to not give up.
Form found here: CLICK!


5 comments:
I think your sweet little Ruby Jane is a Beautiful Angel. I have been so touched by your story, and I am happy to say that I am an organ donor. I pray for your families comfort and peace, I am so sorry for your loss.
I still have mine, and I love when I get to share Ruby's story with others.
I love sharing Ruby's story because it inspired me to become an organ donor. I will wear my bracelet with a sense of pride and hope in helping others whom were scared like me to let those fears go and check, yes!
i ordered one for me and for pearl, and i will so gladly share ruby's story. when i came to your blog this morning i realized i hadn't signed up as an organ donor in oregon now that we've moved, so i just did. thanks to ruby for the reminder :).
I received my wrist band and gorgeous photo of your darling Ruby jane yesterday, thank you so much i will share your story as often as I can and get awareness out there! Huge love to your awesome family all the way from New Zealand XX
Post a Comment