When I was 10 I always thought 25 sounded so grown up and mature. I wanted to be 25 so badly. I had great plans for my 25th year of life. That would be the year I would get married and have a baby. And we would all live happily in a cute house. It just seemed like 25 would never come.
25 is just 3 days away. It seems like all my dreams have come true already! I have a husband, a baby, and cute little home. What more could I want?
I want to accomplish something meaningful this year. That is where you come in. I need some fresh ideas. Consider it your birthday present to me! I will pick my favorite idea, and I will send you one of my favorite things! Just try not to repeat any previous ideas in the comments, and I will pick one on my birthday on Thursday.
25 is just 3 days away. It seems like all my dreams have come true already! I have a husband, a baby, and cute little home. What more could I want?
I want to accomplish something meaningful this year. That is where you come in. I need some fresh ideas. Consider it your birthday present to me! I will pick my favorite idea, and I will send you one of my favorite things! Just try not to repeat any previous ideas in the comments, and I will pick one on my birthday on Thursday.


13 comments:
I have a few meaningful ideas!
1) If there is an elderly neighbor/ member of your church that might need a hand around the house, volunteer to come over once in a while and help him/her. You can even bring Kate who will definitely charm this person while you're doing a favor!
2) Make a new family tradition with Matt and Kate. Some ideas: Every Thursday night you'll make a new (or favorite) recipe, and play a game together or even watch a special movie. Or maybe you'll make it a priority that once a month you go find a new park/read books at the library/find a free local activity to participate in.
I wasn't quite sure of the parameters of the meaningful idea, so those are just some thoughts!! Meaningful and cheap/free is the way to go in my book!
I think that you should run a marathon! Or complete a triathalon. DO something for yourself both physically and mentally. Physically you will be in the best shape you ever have been and mentally you will have accomplished something you never thought you could do. It would be so rewarding. And I will be there of course cheering you on. :) Love you. Happy pre-birthday.
Oh darn, Chad and Carly swiped mine! While I cast my vote for theirs, here's another one to consider...once a month for this next year take Kate on a mini photo shoot and somehow theme it with whatever holiday is going on that month. Red and pink for Valentines, green for St. Particks Day. Then make a card out of your favorite shot and send it to a family/friend as an unexpected holiday greeting OR make a book out of it at the end of the year (shutterfly is awesome for that). Happy (early) birthday! :)
Mine for the year is to conduct more meaningful scripture study. And at least read one chapter daily.
I vote for working on another little cutie baby. The world could always use another babu with Kate's caliber of adorableness!
Dangit. Everyone is taking the ideas! My original idea was run a marathon (since I'll never do it myself), but someone took it. I'll have to think...
Okay. This is not the most amazing idea, but it's one I want to work on..try a new recipe once a week (and feel free to post and share :)), OR go out of your way once a week (or even once a month) to do something you wouldn't normally do. Like wear something different or eat somewhere different or whatever other crazy thing you can think of. I have a hard time branching out, so if you do it I can live vicariously through you :)
Dangit. Everyone is taking the ideas! My original idea was run a marathon (since I'll never do it myself), but someone took it. I'll have to think...
Okay. This is not the most amazing idea, but it's one I want to work on..try a new recipe once a week (and feel free to post and share :)), OR go out of your way once a week (or even once a month) to do something you wouldn't normally do. Like wear something different or eat somewhere different or whatever other crazy thing you can think of. I have a hard time branching out, so if you do it I can live vicariously through you :)
my idea was to have another little one... nothing is better than watching the two interact, but it was already taken! Happy early Birthday to you... YOU ARE SO YOUNG! Isn't it the best to already have what you want- and you never thought it could be this great!?
plant a garden and then enjoy the fruits of your labor with your family and friends.
go on a game show. It's so fun but I am not sure how meaningful it is. It's just really fun.
If you have not done so all ready, go door to door around your entire neighbor hood and introduce yourself. I did this once and it was way fun and I met some awesome new friends that way.
make 25 newborn kits for the humanitarian aide (or whatever kits there is a need for).
It needs to be a milestone like the others: I'd say start your own business/career from home on whatever level is feasible for you right now.
This is just something little but I am working on making my blog into a little book for myself. Just something I can keep, kind of like a scrap book. I decided to do one for every year. I found a website that puts it all into book form, you just have to edit everything how you want it. www. blurb.com I thought it would be nice to have a hard copy of my blog and it is a fun little project!
Make a list of 25 things you want to do/accomplish this year. That's what I'm doing except it's way more than 25. :)
Happy Birthday!
I think you should pick up a new craft or hobby. Not that what you do now isn't amazing! (I'm jealous!) When I turned 25 I started cake decorating classes. It was something that I could do for myself, but that I could make for others as well. You don't have to do that one, but it's always fun to learn something new :)
Post a Comment