Kate is off at school. I just laid Lola down for a nap. Matt is at work. The sun is shining and the wind is blowing through my bedroom window. I am happy. I was just making my bed and I just had an overwhelming feeling of happiness and my first thought was to thank my Father in Heaven for the prayers he has answered, and the blessings I have been given. And then I felt like I needed to write. So, here I am.
Those things I am thankful for today, may seem really insignificant, but for me it is a big, fat, deal. It means that life is returning to our {new} normal for the Taylor family. To me it means that I have a healthy, smart and joyful Kindergartner that loves to go to school, learn, play and be social. It means that I have been blessed with a perfectly healthy, happy, and darling baby girl that gets to be with me all day long in my home. It means that my husband has a job (after 7 months of being unemployed!), a promising career, and is providing for our family.
After the trials we have been through, we are happy for anything at this point! We have learned to find joy and happiness in the small things, and feel extremely blessed for the bigger things. We are able to recognized that everything, EVERYTHING, is a gift and a blessing from Heavenly Father.
We are also able to recognize that the things that have been taken away from us, are not a punishment, but a trial, given to us from a loving Heavenly Father. He loves us, he does not leave us, and he will always, ALWAYS, bless us. God is good.
I am thankful for today.



5 comments:
They are so precious, Ani. You are amazing. Lots of love and prayers to you that peace continues to find you. <3
Perfect example of an "attitude of grattitude"!!
Oh man, I love those faces.
What a beautiful post!
You guys are incredible, as is your story. I was directed to your blog by a friend of mine, Lauren Murray. I lost twin boys Feb. 27, I'm healing and hopeful for the future. Here's my story, www.awesomesaucediary.blogspot.com. Thanks for your blog and for telling your story, I know it will bring me peace and help me to know that there are better days ahead.
Post a Comment