Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Ruby Jane at 2 months

(Three weeks late, but worth the wait! We have been a little busy around here!)
(yesterday)

To say that Ruby's 2nd month was an eventful one would be an understatement! She is giving us a run for our money! (A health update will come soon).
She is the happiest little girl I know. She is SO smiley. 2 days after surgery, and this baby girl was smiling more than she ever had. LOVE her. Before we started on this crazy medical stuff, Matt gave me a very special blessing in which he blessed that Ruby and I would create a very special bond as an outcome of our trial. I am seriously obsessed with this baby girl. She is the sweetest little thing. She stares to deeply into my eyes and smiles from ear to ear.

Ruby at 2 months:
Smiles all day long
Takes 3-4 really good naps every day
Wakes up once or twice at night
Goes to bed at 830
Wakes up between 6-7:30
Nurses great
Loves her sister
Has blue eyes
Wears 0-3 month clothes, and can still squeeze into some NB size.
22.5 inches
10 lbs
Head:38.5 cm
Loves to play in her little baby gym
Loves our family dance parties
The BEST BABY!


Kate loves her sister!

I die over this little happy face.

3 days after surgery...such an angel.

Loving on my poor girl

Ruby Jane and her Daddy before surgery
The day she turned 2 months old...at CHOC.

Work out!


A heavenly nap on my chest.

First (and only) time to church!

First smile caught on camera!

(all iphone snaps, and out of order...most recent to oldest)

11 comments:

Katie said...

The picture of her with all the wires and tubes-break my heart! The picture of Matt holding her right before surgery-made me tear up. Oh she is an angel. What strength you have to endure this trial I think of you and sweet Ruby often. You are an inspiration.

Emily said...

What a sweet little angel you have. You're in my thoughts and prayers. When I went to the temple on friday I put little Ruby Jane's name on the prayer roll. Lots of love and prayers coming from Las Vegas!

Ashley Dickman said...

what a cutie.

"a smile is a curve that can set a lot of things straight"

... thank goodness for that beautiful smile in the hard times that you guys are going through.

Eve said...

I love how fiercely you love both of your girls, Ani. Ruby is just as lucky to have you as you are her.

We will continue to keep you guys in our prayers, too.

Eve said...

I have been wondering and worried....so glad it seems like she is doing somewhat better. I cannot begin to imagine the ordeal that you've gone through. You are all in my thoughts every day. She's just beautiful!

Anonymous said...

holy CRAP she is cute! seriously adorable! so sorry about whatever medical stuff has been happening. she is so precious!

Brooke Wilkins said...

she is such a sweetie! I am so sorry for everything you have had to go through. How awful! Good luck,and I hope things get better! :)

Tim and Jennifer said...

She is beautiful! Both girls are! I've been praying for you guys. I hope you're able to have some fun despite the unknowns. Hopefully you can get your answers soon! In the meantime, keep snapping pics of your adorable girls!

ellen said...

I've been checking your blog (and praying for Ruby). That first picture is SO cute!!

Megan said...

i'm so glad to see everyone is doing okay and recovering. i can't imagine the trial and heart ache that came this past month. i've been checking your blog like a stalker to hear an update, so i'm glad you finally had some time in the craziness that is your life to give an update! hope all is well!

btw- ruby is so insanely cute!

Josh and Leslie said...

Um...cutest headbands EVER and one of THE cutest little girls I have ever seen!! Did you make all those??? Amazingly adorable!!