Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Note to Self: Don't forget...

1. A few weeks ago, in the middle of the night, Kate woke up crying and we cuddled on the couch. We laid down and our noses were touching. She was looking right into my soul! She was looking from one eye to the other and all around my face. She started to very gently rub my face, and then she whispered "Mama". Besides her birth, and getting married, it was the best moment of my life.
2. Every night when I tuck her in, I saw, "Goodnight sweet girl" and right before I close the door, I wave at her, and she always does this little tiny wave back. I love it.
3. When we kiss her goodnight, she thinks it is so funny when Matt and I kiss. She pushes our heads together, and then she tries to kiss us both at the same time.
4. She was sick on Saturday night, and was crying. I asked her what she wanted, and she replied, "Milk". I was trying to find the will power to untangle myself from her and the warm quilt we were under. After about 30 seconds, she pushed me and said, "Go, Go, Mama!"
5. Yesterday we were in the shower. I was trying to teach her numbers, while she played with "Duckie". We went 1-5, and then she said 6. So I thought, hmm, I guess we will go to 10. Then I was teaching her to say "one", when asked how old she was. She gave the right answer a few times, and I was just thinking how smart she was. I asked her again, and she looked at me with a big smile, and said, "Six!" with a lisp and all.
6. She ran into my bathroom, pointed to herself in the mirror, and said, "Me!"
7. On Christmas morning, she was little unsure at first about all the new toys in our family room. After a minute of soaking it all in, she looked at me and gave a shy little smile. So cute. Then we put her on the Radio Flyer Trike, and she smiled and said softly, "Mine. Mine!" I have never ever heard her say that word before. It was very sweet how she said it.
8. She has been loving her new kitchen Santa brought her. She put a little turkey in the microwave, turned the button, and then waiting a few seconds and then said, "BEEP!" and then opened the door! She is very observant I am finding out!
9. Last night around 10:30 she woke up crying. She had her milk early, and did not eat very much dinner, so it was hard to just ignore her. I went in there with some milk, but of course she wanted me to pick her up. She got the milk from me and then pointed at the door saying, "dis, dis, dis," (this). I asked her want she wanted, and she said, "Dada, couch!" She loves snuggling on that couch with him. She is just a girl who knows what she wants.
10. She has this toy that pops balls into the air, and she tries to transport it to whatever room we are in. We hear her straining and grunting, and she comes in struggling to carry that thing. The whole time she says, "Ahhhh, heaBy, heaBY!!!"

4 comments:

Brooke Trogdon said...

That is so super cute. Love the post and the cute things she does with you and for you. I can't wait!

J & J said...

i love that you write this stuff down. you're a good example to me annikins. i hope i can be a good mama like you.

Ms. Green Eyes said...

those are so cute! i can't wait until scarlett is a little older so i can have fun memories like these. :)

Danica Osborn said...

lu-huv this kind of post. and i love hearing about your sweet girl who's getting so big! when i read about her doing these things i realize how enormous my "baby" is! where is the pause button?!??