Thursday, January 5, 2012

First Birthday


Today is my little Ruby Jane's first birthday.
I had been planning little details of this day for a year now. I always imagined she would be there, and she was. It wasn't in the way that always thought, but I know she was close.
We started off the day at the Temple, spent some time at her "place" and ended the day with a very special night with family and a few friends, and a beautiful live concert, just for Ruby. The gaping hole that is usually taking me over, was filled with lots of love and peace today. What I thought was going to be a very sad and depressing day was only a few sad and depressing moments. It was a very beautiful day, just for my sweet little girl.
365 days ago, she changed me. And she has changed me for a lifetime.
Happy Birthday to my sweet Rubers.
XO

27 comments:

Kristy said...

So glad it was a day full of peace and happiness. Happy Birthday, Sweet Ruby Jane. <3

Kristy said...

So glad it was a day full of peace and happiness. Happy Birthday, Sweet Ruby Jane. <3

Natalie said...

Such a beautiful little baby.

Margaça said...

Happy Birthday sweetie!

Janine said...

Happy birthday ruby.

Brenna said...

Happy birthday dear Ruby! Ani, I am so glad that it was mostly a day of peace for you. What a sweet birthday gift.

Danica Osborn said...

I was thinking and praying for you guys throughout the day. So glad you felt Ruby's presence and the Lord's comfort. I'm so grateful for Ruby!

Dana Steinberg said...

I am so relieved the day turned out to be a special one. The anticipation of it all had me worried for you, but as usual, you survived with grace and strength. Love to you, Ani, and a very happy birthday to your little Rubes. xo

Heather said...

What a perfect way to spend a sweet birthday. I'm glad it was a day of comfort for you guys.
Happy Birthday to Ruby!

House of Tennant's said...

You are a truly amazing family with two beautiful little girls! Heavenly Father will continue to Bless you Ani! Continue to hold strong! Remember those special moments when you feel your Beautiful Ruby close by, she doesn't want you to suffer. Your family is in our thoughts! Happy Birthday Ruby!

The Jeffries said...

What a great celebration of life!

Annette said...

So glad you had such a beautiful day. I was thinking of you and praying that you would feel Ruby near. She has inspired a countless number of lives in amazing ways.

Thanks for your wonderful example of turning your heart to heaven in the most difficult of times. Your family is such an influence for good. :)

Happy Birthday sweet Ruby...

Anonymous said...

I'm VERY happy to hear the outcome of Ruby's first birthday. What a blessing to have Family and Friends to fill your heart with love and peace, during this hard time.

Cortney said...

Such a beautiful night for a beautiful girl.

Heather L. said...

Happy birthday, Ruby!!! You are a beautiful girl!

Faith said...

Sounds like a beautiful way to spend her birthday. Happy Birthday, sweet Ruby! You have touched my life in a profound way!

lil-sis said...

How wonderful that the gaping hole wasn´t so vast for at least a day!

<3

Allison said...

So grateful it was a special day. Happy Birthday, Ruby.

Canadian Princess said...

So happy to hear what a sweet and peaceful day it was...truly a tender mercy from above!

brandi m. said...

Im so glad Ruby's day was a beautiful one! Happy birthday sweet Ruby!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to one of God's Angels! Happy Birthday Ruby Jane!

Mae said...

Happy Birthday, Darling Ruby! Say "hello" for Jesus for us all! Ani I'm so glad that God has graciously given you peace and joy on Ruby's very special day. He's always there for you. Continuing to keep you in my prayers. <3

Ciara Slider said...

happy birthday sweet ruby!! thanku for inspiring us all! xoxo

kd said...

Happy Birthday Belated, sweet Ruby Jane. She's is celebrating in the arms of Jesus & growing even more beautiful by the moment. She's such an angel. Hugs & prayers to warm your hearts.

Chris said...

Happy birthday, sweet Ruby. You have forever touched us all. Prayers for your sweet family at this time. -Tiff

Sarah Christie said...

I came across your blog from following MeOhMy blog....my heart aches for you and your family. You are so strong and brave to share with us what you are going through and your words and photos about sweet Ruby hold a very special place in my heart. I am a mama to two boys(almost 9 and almost 2) and so often in my day I think of you and your girls and I soak in the very simple moments that you speak of that are the most precious of your memories and I hold on just a little longer and a little tighter. It is so easy to get caught up in the things that have no importance long term and I strongly believe that you sharing your story allows other parents the gracious reminder to cherish each and every moment with their families and loved ones.
Sending you love and hugs from Vancouver,Canada.
Sarah.

Anonymous said...

I look at that perfect precious baby and think how can she be gone? It's just not right. I know that if this had happened to me I would just wander around bewildered and resentful that the world keeps turning and people just go about their days when such an awful thing has happened. And yet so many things like this happen all the time. I really do wonder why everyone doesn't just sit down on the curb and wail to the heavens.